Kermit as Indiana Jones

mom2four717

Reaction score
Hello,
My son Sam who is 6 years old found a picture of Kermit as an Adventurer. We have spent 2 days obsessing about this :rolleyes: and I wonder if anyone knows if Kermit was ever in a movie or show dressed like this. Sam feel like Kermit should have horse also.

Any ideas would be welcomed to feed the monster aka Sam :smile:
You tube clips, coloring pages, etc. Santa will likely bring the toy but we have a looooong time to go.

Thanks,

Kate

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. To answer your question...

Kermit did indeed appear as Indiana Jones, or Indiana Frog as this alterego was better known. The role originated in one of the imagination fantasy sequences in episodes of Muppet Babies. Kermit resumed his Indiana Frog persona when attempting to rescue Piggy at the Indiana Jones Stunts Spectacular in Disney's MGM Studios—Disney's Hollywood Studios now—as seen in the TV special, The Muppets at Walt Disney World. You can contact forum member KermiClown to see if he can help you get a copy of the special.

As far as figures... Palisades Toys, which is sadly no longer in business, did make an action figure of Indiana Frog as part of their Muppets figure line. Labelled "Adventure Kermit", it was their 2004 Tour figure, available at all conventions the company appeared at, as well as the exclusives for each specific convention. There are three different versions of the figure, successive paint gradations differentiating them, as well as the placement/shape of Kermit's pupils. You can find these on eBay, just search for Muppets in the Toys & Hobbies category, or refine the search to just Action Figures.

All this plus more can be found at the Muppet Wiki, http://muppet.wikia.com

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums. :batty: :wisdom: :super:

mom2four717

Reaction score
Gracias

I would like to thank you Count; 1...2...3...4...5...6....and more times for your knowledgeable guidance.

Kate

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Hope you like it here and have fun in some of the other areas/threads.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Just type in "adventure kermit" on e-Bay. Recently, some of the Adventure Kermit figures have gone for $3 and up. Now would be a great time to get him cheap since the Muppet Palisades market isn't even almost what it used to be.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
And since they now sell eBay gift cards in my area, I'll probably buy one and get some cheap items...

BJ