Kermit at the MTV Video Music Awards

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i am worried we deserve answers....ill sign that things 100 times if i have too

Luke

Reaction score
I definitely agree that it would be hard to believe that the hand inside the frog yesterday was NOT Steve, and maybe his lack of speaking means Steve just has absolutely no voice? I just want someone to say SOMETHING
The performance would have been looped, and Steve was with them at the Disneyland promo not long ago so we know he was with the Muppet gang recently - and if the looping for D23 was done a while back then it would be Steve on the track. I don't know for sure but i think that would explain it.

It may have been one of the main guys like Dave or Bill doing Kermit at D23, maybe thats why the puppetry looked good .. although we saw just a tiny bit you can't really tell. There are multiple Kermit puppets obviously, maybe it wasn't the VMA's Kermit performer or puppet at D23.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody else find it odd that Disney will allow for the Muppets to make appearances on stuff like The MTV Video Music Awards, which is not on a Disney-owned channel and Disney most-likely has no invovlement with, yet won't allow for Kermit to be in new releases of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas or The Christmas Toy, productions made long before Disney bought the Muppets?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Does anybody else find it odd that Disney will allow for the Muppets to make appearances on stuff like The MTV Video Music Awards, which is not on a Disney-owned channel and Disney most-likely has no invovlement with, yet won't allow for Kermit to be in new releases of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas or The Christmas Toy, productions made long before Disney bought the Muppets?
Kermit and Piggy (and some chickens) where on NBC's americas got talent and NBC isnt owned by Disney! Its Universal studios...:busy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy (and some chickens) where on NBC's americas got talent and NBC isnt owned by Disney! Its Universal studios...:busy:
I said "stuff like The MTV Music Video Awards", mentioning only that because that's what this thread is about. I also find it odd that Letters to Santa was broadcast on NBC instead of ABC.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
And I'm sure Kermit kissing Lady Gaga can't be exactly in their marketing campaign... or if it is I just don't understand it...

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's precisely in part BECAUSE of all the exciting news we got this weekend that makes the whole "Steve Wherefore?" issue even more maddening. We've seen how committed Disney is to a fullscale Muppet relaunch this next year and just now when we finally get the big Muppet mania movement we've long awaited, the person playing "the lead" goes awol. Not only are we all concerned about whether Steve himself is okay, but we're left to wonder if Steve will be back to perform Kermit for the major projects like the movie or if we now have a replacement (and if so was this done with Steve's approval).

I wonder if maybe anyone might want to get in touch with Jim Hill ... i know opinions are varied on him here but he's obviously already going to be all over reporting about all the latest D23 news (including the Muppets) and he at least is able to get some word from people (even if anonymously or off the record) when others aren't talkin'.

Nick22

Reaction score
i want some answers. i want to know where steve is! we NEED our frog back. i'm getting mad and worried. this is horrible. i signed the petition. hopefully it will amount to something.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So Kermit was nowhere to be seen other than on the red carpet. That is SO strange... but I'm not complaining at this point. As long as their only using Artie for small appearance things like this I guess it's better than having him star in the new movie. :smirk: Only time will tell.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Being on the West coast (since we don't change times for daylight savings AZ is pacific time zone half of the year), the awards started less than an hour ago. So are you saying Kermit was just on the pre-show and not anywhere during the awards show itself? Can i shut my vcr off?

Overall it's been a travesty. Besides Kermit, i saw that dreadful music video premiere for the new version of "Fame". Fame was one of my all time fave movies, shows, and songs and i just wanted to cry when i heard how they ruined that song. I'll probably see the new film sometime (probably once it hits the dollarfifty theatres) but am not expecting to like it (I'm already hurting over how awful the new Melrose Place is - again the original was one of my favorites)

Then i was just slackjawed when i saw one of the worst things i ever saw happen to somebody on live tv. Taylor Swift wins the award for female video, she only barely begins her acceptance speech when Kanye West comes out onstage, steals HER mike(!), and says "Good job, I'll let you finish - but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time". Taylor is just left completely stunned and speechless and by the time she can regain her composure and attempt to finish her speech (or BEGIN in for that matter), they had cued up a video segment, her mike was dead and she was ushered off the stage. That was just awful. I don't know much about Taylor Swift (i couldn't even be sure i'm spelling her name right) - she could be the biggest brat, the ultimate stuck-up rudest diva that ever stepped on a stage - but nobody deserves that.

...add the fact that once again we had Kermit the Faux again tonight and that's Three Strikes! Thankfully there was all the Muppet news that came out of this weekend to keep me from being horribly depressed right now.