Kermit at the MTV Video Music Awards

tomahawk

Reaction score
Where the **** is my frog. Yes, my frog, with Mr. Whitmire. I'm really ****** off. I want my frog back, with his voice back.:concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can't fault Artie. He's a good guy and if I were talented enough to puppeteer and was given this sort of shot - I would take it. Most of us would.

Artie's Kermit doesnt have the right facial expressions, movements or voice of any Kermit I've seen. I find it jarring and obvious, but maybe the public won't.

This is a poor decision on Disney's part. Who knows what's up with Steve's absence? Maybe the kind of Muppet saturation Disney has planned is too much of a strain on Whitmire's schedule. Maybe they will have Artie's Kermit for smaller venues and Steve's Kermit for full-scale projects. Did Jim mention that as an option before he passed? I don't remember. It could be anything. I'm hoping that this is just a busy week for Steve. I hope it's not about contract negotiations.

PS.

Kanye West is a legend in his own mind and I wish he understood that his opinions only matter to him. This offensive Rolling Stone cover sums up how highly he thinks of himself. He's gross and won't be remembered in 5 years. I'll move on now because I've already said too much. :grouchy:

tomahawk

Reaction score
You know, I'm not faulting anyone. I can do a Kermit voice with the best of them. And I'm not bragging. I can. Heck, my birthday is the day before both Jim and Steve. Again, I'm not asking for fantastic Muppety presents. Although I wouldn't send them back. But seriously, we need a reason why Steve, a gentlemen who has doing Kermit for almost 20 years isn't doing Kermit any more.

muppetperson

Reaction score
So did Kermit do a non speaking appearance, adding further to the steve Whitmire disappearance?

Luke

Reaction score
And I'm sure Kermit kissing Lady Gaga can't be exactly in their marketing campaign... or if it is I just don't understand it...
Lady Gaga went out in a Kermit dress recently. The audience demo for MTV is about 16-30 so includes all the retro kids. The whole Gaga/Kermit thing was just about keeping the Muppets more and more visible in the tabloids.

I thought it was ok, but as a stunt there was obviously going to be more stuff going on with the other people at something like this so hardly anyones talking about the "kiss".

Super Scooter

Reaction score
If they're going to continue to serve fans crappy Kermit, why don't they just hire Will Forte and get it over with!

(... Will Forte played "Kermit" on an episode of SNL.)

He doesn't sound like Jim, he doesn't sound like Steve, he doesn't sound like Frank Welker, and he most certainly does not sound like Kermit. What is going on here? It's appaling to see that Steve Whitmire could possibly be replaced as Kermit, and it's just as appaling to see Kermit the Frog on a date with Lady Gaga!

I'm just going to tell myself that that's the reason Steve wasn't there. He couldn't stomach the thought of the frog sinking so low. That's what I'm going to keep telling myself, because no one will tell us anything! It's so frustrating!

(Insert tired, sad, grumpy, mumbling, muttering, exasperated Kermit smiley)