Kermit & Fozzie on 97.1FM

MrsPepper

Reaction score
How come Kermit and Fozzie have been appearing EVERYWHERE this past week and no one knew about it until the last second, or when it was over?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree, the interviewers were rather raunchy, but Fozzie and Kermit were golden! ! ! I was very impressed with Kermit in this actually, but not nearly as much as a I was with Fozzie, he was hilarious! His response to the phone question was great. I'm very happy with Eric! Great interview! :zany:

Princeton

Reaction score
And that one caller kind of mentioned that Kermit sounded like Michael J. Fox. I felt bad, but Steve does have a way of slipping out of Kermit sometimes.
IMO, Kermit sounded like Sam Kinison (my all-time favorite comedian!) in this interview.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Here is a question that I want to know the answer to but I can't imagine who to ask. I know that, for example, when Kermit and Fozzie record for an album or something that, um, Kermit and Fozzie don't go to the studio. By an amazing feat of special effects, a man named Steve Whitmire is able to project Kermit's voice so Kermit doesn't have to show up in the, er, flesh. In Fozzie's case, a man named Eric Jacobson is able to channel his voice so Fozzie can stay home and hibernate.

Is this phenomena also true when there are radio appearances? The reason I'm wondering is that it would be harder, I truly believe, to interact with someone that SOUNDED like Kermit but didn't actually look like him than it would be to interact with Kermit in an APPROPRIATE way.

Do you see what I mean? It's one thing to be sitting down with--literally--an American icon who you've seen on Sesame Street and doing both children's and adult's programming for years, and quite another to sit down with a guy who's been cracking wise with you in the lobby.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait! Steve was cracking wise in the lobby? Ooh, better tell the Sesame gang to put away their Z's or they'll end up broken too.
Aaaaah! Ooh, the bear is too hot for the room!
:boo: And he's too cold for the stage.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Okay, Edvard darlink--you get the prize for the worst pun of the day!

If only Steve had been cracking HEADS instead, we might have gotten some sense from the hosts....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Like Jim said, it may have been a terrible joke... But it's perfect for us.
Okay, I'm outta here. Count down.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dumb question, but I'm just trying to get the full picture: Did he say it in his regular voice or in Elmo's voice?
It was Elmo. I really wish I could have recorded it somehow, but it was very early in the morning.