"Kermit Hits the Hollywood Scene" article at Zap2it.com

Foreignman

Reaction score
Here's the LINK Hogthrob. And here's the article as it appeared:
Kermit Hits the Hollywood Scene
Thu, Nov 28, 2002 12:23 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - 'Tis the season to by jolly, and there's nothing jollier than Santa. Well, there is the Jolly Green Giant. Come to think of it, Kermit the Frog is pretty jolly too. Maybe it has to do with the color green that goes so well with Yuletide red.

Either way, Kermit will be kicking off the holiday season for NBC by not only appearing as a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but in an original movie "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" premiering Friday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. ET.

In addition to the star he received on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Nov. 15, Kermit is also getting a spiffy new balloon for the parade, after the old one's elbow exploded leaving him floating down the streets of New York City with a shriveled arm.

"It's better than them tying ropes on me and filling me with helium," he says.

Taking a few moments to talk to reporters before going to perform The Sugar Hill Gang's "Rappers Delight" on "The Wayne Brady Show," Kermit is a bit nervous because he's more "hop hop than hip hop."

"The problem with rap for me is simply that in performing it if you have one slip of the tongue you're in big trouble, because the beat keeps going and you fall way behind," says Kermit. "When you have a tongue that stretches two feet long it's very difficult."

Indeed, it's still not easy being green, although Kermit says that he has learned to "embrace" it.

"Unfortunately, so has Miss Piggy," he adds.

Speaking of Miss Piggy, Kermit is ready to set the record straight about their forbidden amphibian/porcine love affair.

"I'll admit there was a time when there was a bit of a spark between Miss Piggy and I, back in 'The Muppet Show Days,' but that was 25 years ago," Kermit claims.

Citing his "Sesame Street" protection rights, he refuses to confirm or deny whether he and Miss Piggy have ever consummated their whatever, but says that if they did "it would be safe."

Nearing 50 years in the business, Kermit is still taking everything in stride. With his new star, he learned that he is responsible for keeping it clean, so he says that he an action star Jackie Chan (whose star is nearby) get together, go to Starbucks and then hit the streets with their toothbrushes and Ajax.

As for the holidays, Kermit plans to spend them with his thousands of relatives, even though it takes "a whole week to just hang up the coats." However, he's still stumped as to what to buy for that special swine somebody in his life.

"What do you get for a pig who wants everything?" he asks.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Well, that interview certainly didn't go the way the Henson Co. people intended it to. Neither did the interview at the parade, especially Al Roker's reaction to Miss Piggy.

Amazing how often that happens.... :wink: