Kermit Honoured with Star

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Must be a great honor....but I wonder, does it become something a little less important to you in a historical context if you have to share it with Chrissy from Three's Company? I mean...REALLY! CHRISSY!?! Jeez...they'll give anybody a star I guess.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
How do you end up with a list that includes Scorsese and Suzanne Summers? That is just bizarre.

But very cool for Kermit.

Smig

Reaction score
Kermit should have gotten his star LONG ago.. He's been a TV veteran MUCH longer than most of those others.. and a lot more deserving.

Smig

radionate

Reaction score
Some of our California Board Members might be more up on this, but doesn't a fan club or some other outside organization need to both nominate and raise funds for the star? I always thought this was how it went, and if it is, who led the charge for Kermit?

beaker

Reaction score
whew, finally! Albeit a bit long overdue, its great to have Kermit(along with JH, and Big Bird) with a star on the walk of fame.

Though, Kermit's star should have happened years ago and Piggy should be the one getting it(had Kermit already gotten his)

Foreignman

Reaction score
Congragulations Kermit, wherever you are right now, you'd think that recognition of the worlds most famous frog would of come sooner, but better now then never. When do you think we can expect to see stars for Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo and so on and so fourth? You know the Simpsons have a star that just says "The Simpsons", maybe they should do that for the Muppets as well, having a star that reads "The Muppets".

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Nah. It's cool when one Muppet is recognized for his/her/its own achievement.

Hopefully one day we'll see Frank Oz get a star. He's performed many of the most popular Muppets (not to mention Yoda), and he's also a leading Hollywood director. So I wouldn't be surprised.