Kermit Merchandise at Macy's

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Just to let you know, Kermit is featured in the 2002 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Water Globe. He is "leading" the parade as they say. Big Bird is Also one of the other balloons featured.

Here's a Link:

Macy's Parade Water Globe

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does this mean he'll be featured in the Parade? I like the Globe, But I HATE the fact that Pickachu is in it. Kermit and Pickachu? Uncle Jim is rolling around in his burial plot!:mad:

radionate

Reaction score
Kermit has been in the parade many years. I'm not sure when the last balloon debuted, but Macy's Issued thier annual Christmas Plush to honor the occassion. It hasn't been offically been announced, but I have heard rumors that there is a new Kermit balloon for the 25th anniversary this year, and that normally means that there will also be a Stuffed Animal at Macy's to honor the event. They do this every year with the balloons, and I've been lucky enough to pick up one of the stuffed animals every year since about 1989. As soon as word is official, I'll announce it here.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Nate! A new Kermit balloon would be wonderful.

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Phil,

They finally offically announced it. I posted details in a seperated thread.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nate,

Saw it. Thanks for posting the info. Just sent you an e-mail.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tried to get the Macy's Bullwinkle doll, but Ma didn't want to spend the 50 bucks you have to spend to buy it.

I really want to get a Kermit, though. Hope it's not one of those spend fifty bucks to get a doll (that you have to pay for anyway) offers!

radionate

Reaction score
The last few years they've dropped it to thirty or thirty five bucks. For those who don't know, you have to spend a certain amount in Macy's before you are "eligible" to buy the stuffed toy. Sometimes you can find a nice cashier who won't make you shell out the money on clothes and what not, or a customer in a holiday mood might let you use their reciepts.

Me? I always buy one nice article of clothing (normally a sweater), and get my toy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
The last few years they've dropped it to thirty or thirty five bucks. For those who don't know, you have to spend a certain amount in Macy's before you are "eligible" to buy the stuffed toy..
MAAAANNN!!! Corporate greed at work! Not only do you have to spend money on that, but you have to spend money to spend money! If It wasn't Kermit or Bullwinkle, I wouldn't bother, but GEEEEEZZZZ!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Its worth it, just buy stuff you need anyway. Bullwinkle is one of my favorite plush from Macy's, but Mickey Mouse, Snoopy, Kermit, the Cat In The Hat, the Grinch, and Snoopy are all up there with him.