Kermit NY Fire Truck

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this auction on ebay and was curious about how Kermit ended up on the front of a New York fire truck. Patrick, the seller was extremely kind and helpful. Here's a bit of what he said about the truck:
On the note of the significance of the Kermit on the front of FDNY Bronx eng45ine, its like this. In the 1980's the FDNY decided to purchase a set of seven Mack CF's and only a few of them were a lime green(something unheard of in the FDNY's history). Word has it that it was such a funky shade of lime compared to the usual FDNY red that all NYC units are painted. The members of company 45 and members of the comunity started to call the truck Kermit every time they saw it and over time it stuck as the pet name of the truck. After time a painting of Kermit was applied to the grill of the truck and its been called that ever since... The (actual) truck is long since removed from the department and is probably in someone's personal collection.
Very interesting indeed! Kermit is in fact painted onto the front of this replica truck on the grill. Even though it's not JHC licensed this looks like a really great and unique collectible for Muppet fans. If you're interested in bidding on the truck you can e-mail myself or Patrick (the seller) for a photo of the front of the grill.

Ernie101

Reaction score
cool and why dont you go for it cindy see if you can get it!:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know there's an ALF one as well - i have photos somewhere !

Great detective work Cinders !