Kermit on FunnyOrDie with Steve Martin

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Fun video! I hope more videos like this pop up soon with a movie to promote.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Well, now that my life has been completed with this awesome video, I don't care what happens next! Just bring it on!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody find it weird that this was made for a website called "Funny or Die", yet there's no humor until the end? This would have been better for the Muppet Studios YouTube channel.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Wow, that was awesome. Definitely one of the best online Muppet videos in a long time. Reminds of that old Target ad with Brad Paisley and Kermit, though this was definitely better!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Quite a few people have said that Kermit and Steve Martin should have done this a long time ago, but Kermit is associated with the banjo more than he has actually played it. Outside of The Muppet Movie and later performances of The Rainbow Connection (and in a bit of merchandise), he really hasn't played the banjo that often. A few non-Rainbow Connection examples include a brief scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan (during the "You Can't Take No for an Answer" montage) and at the beginning of The Muppets at Walt Disney World.

In fact I don't associate Steve Martin with the instrument much, either. When I first saw his episode of The Muppet Show I did, and then I learned he was a comedian instead of a musician and didn't.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Wow, that was great. Kermit's banjo playing is still on top form!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quite a few people have said that Kermit and Steve Martin should have done this a long time ago, but Kermit is associated with the banjo more than he has actually played it. Outside of The Muppet Movie and later performances of The Rainbow Connection (and in a bit of merchandise), he really hasn't played the banjo that often. A few non-Rainbow Connection examples include a brief scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan (during the "You Can't Take No for an Answer" montage) and at the beginning of The Muppets at Walt Disney World.

In fact I don't associate Steve Martin with the instrument much, either. When I first saw his episode of The Muppet Show I did, and then I learned he was a comedian instead of a musician and didn't.

As I said before, while the younger Steve Martin used banjo as part of his schtick, the older, more mature (and less insanely wacky) Steve is an accomplished, respectable, banjo performer. In fact, a lot of his talk show appearances as of late, he was the musical guest, plugging his music.

While I'd love to say this is a skit that Steve and Kermit should have done on The Muppet Show, the reality is, he wasn't at that stage of his career and comedic style yet. That would be like asking young Picasso to paint his Cubist paintings when he was still doing realistic ones.