Kermit on Hollywood Squares: January 20-24

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of you were talking about Hollywood Squares so I was checking out their Web site. Kermit is scheduled to appear in new episodes next week.

http://www.hollywoodsquares.com/nwstars/index.asp

Looks like Whoopi has been replaced in the center square with Brad Garrett.

Set your VCR's and let us know what you think about Kermit's appearance.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Some of you were talking about Hollywood Squares so I was checking out their Web site. Kermit is scheduled to appear in new episodes next week.

http://www.hollywoodsquares.com/nwstars/index.asp

Looks like Whoopi has been replaced in the center square with Brad Garrett.

Set your VCR's and let us know what you think about Kermit's appearance.
His appearance is already generating laughs. Get a load of this from his Hollywood Squares "bio":

"With no signs of slowing down the massively successful Frog franchise is seeing a different kind of green, money."

Yeah, it's so "massively successful" the company is up for sale. And everybody knows it. Who writes this garbage? And whom do they expect to believe it?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well us devoted fans know, but the common person may not!

and hate to go against the rest of the world (actually i don't, but whatever) i think hollywood squares is ok! i mean what else is on in mid afternoon....i get sick of Dr. Phil...for some reason...

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
well us devoted fans know, but the common person may not!

and hate to go against the rest of the world (actually i don't, but whatever) i think hollywood squares is ok! i mean what else is on in mid afternoon....i get sick of Dr. Phil...for some reason...

Sarah
Totally. I mean no other show regularly has Muppets from ALL THREE major franchises...Muppet Show, Sesame, and Bear in the Big Blue House. Even Rosie couldnt pull that off. I will say though, itll be hard to top Holywood Square's 2002 Muppet lineup.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I was hoping somebody would post something about Kermit being on the show. I'm looking forward to watching it. By the way, Whoopi hasn't been on "Hollywood Squares" all this season. She left at the end of last season, so their center square keeps changing from time to time. I think Kermit deserves to be the center square. That way he'd get picked more often. And he's much cooler than Brad Garrett. (AKA, the man who can't tell Big Bird from Joanna Worley. Lol.)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Melissa and I were saying they should have a week where it's ALL Muppets in the "Squares"....there should be enough performers to fill nine boxes with characters from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Bear, and others, right? You could even bust some Fraggles out of retirement if you need to!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Each muppet character (with the exeption of larger ones) uses the exact same square as the last. Was that the only one designed for puppeteers or something?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Melissa and I were saying they should have a week where it's ALL Muppets in the "Squares"....there should be enough performers to fill nine boxes with characters from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Bear, and others, right? You could even bust some Fraggles out of retirement if you need to!
Oh, that would be the ultimate! Unfortunately I think Family Feud was the last time(least for now) youll see so many Muppets all on one show. Logistics, schedules, etc would prevent this. But I agre...that would be pretty awesome!

Also there was a rumor/fan idea for a Muppet episode of the Weakest Link when it was popular on NBC. Now that would have been something!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think that would be a good idea. After all, the Muppets haven't been on the squares all season (Unless you count that annoying dog Triumph) so that would be a good idea. Especially, since Whoopi's no longer the center square. They could put Kermit in the center. Some other squares could be Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Waldorf & Statler. And maybe it could change every day during the week since it would be hard for Muppets with the same performer to be on at the same time. (Remember that week Big Bird and Oscar were on the show. They couldn't be on the same day since Carroll Spinney couldn't play both of them at one.) I'll try to think up some more ideas. Another thing, I've noticed is that when the Muppets are on the show, they don't get picked as often as I thought they would. It seems like for some strange reason the contestants on the show aren't that into Muppets. (Well except when Miss Piggy was in the center with Whoopi. They should do something like that more often.)