1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kermit on Jerry Lewis Telethon

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Ryan, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Ryan New Member

Be sure to tune in all weekend to the "Jerry Lewis Telethon" as Kermit the Frog is scheudled to make an appearance! I belive it is on your local Warner Brothers Station (Philadelphia's is 17);)
  2. Jivepuppet Member

Support MDA

My brother Michael died almost ten years ago due to one of the many dieases under the MDA banner. He was not only my brother but my hero (and a huge Muppet fan!) and I'd like to ask all of you at Muppet Central to support the MDA this year.
    Thanks,
    Jon
    www.mdausa.org
  3. Ryan New Member

I'll donate for you! ;)
  4. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any further info on when this may air (or if it has already?)
  5. Phillip Administrator

Bear was on about an hour ago singing the Cha-Cha-Cha and the Goodbye Song. Haven't heard anything about Kermit yet...
  6. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Well don't know anything about Kermit yet, but Bear In The Big Blue House was just on my local station (which has a time zone delay so in reality he was on a couple hours ago). Caught it as i was flipping back and forth so don't know how much of the beginning i missed but it appears he sang three songs.

IT was kinda funny cause Noel was obviously working his tail off and you could hear him panting as he was delivering Bear's line yet Bear himself wasn't physically catching his breath so it looked a little odd! :)
  7. Luke Active Member

Are any of the stations broadcasting this telethon streaming on the web ? I saw all about this telethon on Larry King the other night.
  8. Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh my, Kermit was on the telethon again? i was camping last weekend so i haven't see any off it.

last year, oh boy, last year i watched that telethon 24/7, i'd stay up real late and watch all day because i wanted to see kermit, i finaly saw him thought, only i didn't have a tape read so i just watch and thought in my head "eat it up Zack, eat it all up, you probaly never see this again and a bunch of muppet fans would like to see it as well but won't..."

Zack) Rowlf the, i'm glad i missed this years telethon, i went tubing instead, nothing againt Jerry and his kids thought, just long telethons, i hope it did well, Dog.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I missed Kermit!!! However, I saw Bear in the Big Blue house. Too bad it was just for a couple songs. And it's too bad for Mr. Lewis. He has that illness (i don't know, something about his lungs) that he has to take that medication that caused him to gain 50+ pounds. HE's in such great pain, he tried to kill himself recently. I feel so sorry for the guy!! Now I can't yell "HEY LAAAAYDEEE" without getting guilty! :(
  10. Thog New Member

I don't think anyone saw Kermit. Maby he wasn't on. Or maby Jerry ate him, he did look a little on the heavy side.:p
  11. radionate New Member

Hey guys,

Just thought that since this thread is still active I'd post this, as Jerry Lewis and his telethon really hit home to me this year with a very close friend of mine (I won't go into details).

Anyway, Jerry has been extremly ill of late, and collapsed yesterday in London. He looks to be doing fine now, but the reason he looked so bad in the telethon were all the drugs and medication he is on.

Here's a story
    Jerry Lewis

Please keep him and all the amazing work he's done over the years in your thoughts
  12. Zack the Dog Active Member

yes that's sad Jerry hasn't been doing well for a while now, he wasn't too well last year and had all that weight.

Kermit probaly was on, it was really hard to find him on last year but magicaly i did. he sang it's not easy being green along with another song playing the giutair.