Kermit on Studio Q

Beauregard

Reaction score
Possibly one of the best, most indepth and genuinely most interesting interviews with Kermit that I have ever seen in my life. Honestly, I've never seen anything quite like this. He talks about the new movie, getting back together, the Disney merger, losing Jim Henson, his first interactions with humans, Studio DC Almost Live, Christmas Carol, getting old, being a frog, the commercials that he's appeared in, why Muppets are not the bad guys in heir movies, the environment, his family, the meaning of "Its not easy being green", Miss Piggy, the difference between what they have and real domestic abuse, what it means to be successful etc...

Its really stunning.

I cannot get over how amazing this is.

Edit: Gosh! He even hinted at the 'imposter' Kermit with Lady Gaga!

Puckrox

Reaction score
I love funny interviews, I really do, but sometimes there's nothing quite as lovely as a slightly more serious one-on-one interview with a Muppet. This interview is utterly fantastic. It may be my favorite one out there of just Kermit. There's a lot of Kermit and Muppet history discussed, Kermit voices his opinion on the environment, and there's just some really nice insight on the character of Kermit the Frog. I absolutely love how he approaches the question on Piggy slugging him constantly and how it's not the same as real domestic abuse; Steve has such a nice way of voicing Kermit's opinions without stepping on anybody's toes. My favorite part is when Kermit talks about his friendship with Jim Henson though. It's brief, but still, it made my heart swell. And when he talks about Jim's death, ugh, like a blow to the chest. Kermit does a good job of not letting it get too sad by keeping things positive. Such a good interview.

He totally gives a shout out to all the Muppet fans on the internet... ie. ALL OF US.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I loved that sly little "she thought it was an impostor" moment about the Lady Gaga interview. Well played, sir.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow. I was trying to read other forums while listening to this ... but it was SUCH a great interview that I had to stop what I was doing and watch too. :big_grin:

zoebell

Reaction score
love it! i love how he can do a whole long interview like this, it's awesome

Ozymandias

Reaction score
That was absolutely incredible, and I don't say that lightly. I was working on an essay when I was listening to this, and in the end I had to stop and give the interview my full attention, that's how captivating it was. I loved how he described his relationship with Jim henson, especially when he described Jim as having "very warm hands." It fit perfectly with Kermit's character. :smile:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Perfect. What a perfect interview. Loved that he mentioned Penelope Cruz called him Rana Gustavo, and of course the "imposter" moment lol.

Beth C

Reaction score
Just ran into this today, and I was AMAZED by how well this was done. It gives us fanfic writers TONS of details that can be used in stories. It seems I've been away from the muppets for too long that I've missed a LOT of GREAT stuff and I'm just finding it now. This was captivating and it really makes you believe that Muppets are more than just felt and foam.

Sorry for bringing up another old thread but gosh.. I'm so happy I found this! I need to find out what else I've missed!