1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kermit on The Colbert Report March 14

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Borples, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Borples

Borples Active Member

I don't see a thread for this yet? Kermit made a brief appearance on The Colbert Report last night. I just watched it on Hulu and almost woke the kids up laughing. It's a good one, especially useful if you can't remember when The Muppets is being released on blu-ray/DVD. :) Kermit's appearance starts around 7:30.
    Phillip and The Count like this.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Oh, so it's in the second act. Thanks, now I have a reason to stick around and catch it this morning at 10 AM after the Daily Show.
  3. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm just watching it on hulu now...

The best part was the "working with Romney for years" bit. This is the most they've shown of an association with Sesame Street in years.

Also of note, they referenced the Goldman Sacc's fiasco and the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed written by an insider, and how the boss man negatively referred to his clients as Muppets. Colbert adds "That's not offensive as most of his clients WERE Muppets. And Ernie REALLY took a bath."
  5. The Count

Even better was when Steven said that no other ventriloquism dummy has run for president since the dark days of Charlie McCarthianism. Double reference to his guest spot on TMS Season 1 and the bit the crew of MST3k's S.O.L. did on the Charlie McCarthy hearings.

When Colbert said Kermit had worked with Romney for years, did they flash an image of Big Bird? *:confused:

Great line about how Kermit is an amphibitarian, non-partissan, except when it comes to pigs. Better comeback when Steven said that the frog got his start in the news field, interviewing Humpty Dumpty and Pinocchio and covered the pigs housing crisis.

Another excellent Muppety start to my day. :) :) :)
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Colbert always caricatures Romney as footage of Guy Smiley, so they just showed a clip of that... even though the characters were rarely, if ever, seen next to each other.
  7. The Count

Oh Guy Smiley. Well, if he made it more obvious like whenever Jon used footage of Mr. Johnson to refer to Michael Steel.

And Guy and Kermit did appear together, in Do Da Rubber Duck. But other than that, yeah, I see your point.
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Kermit made my day by calling himself an Amphibian-American. "Do we all look the same to you?" That same line was in Avenue Q. :)
  9. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Kermit always manages to run the interview no matter what. Love Kermie!! :)
  10. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Ugh. Hulu. Do you know if this is on a site that's NOT all region-blocked?
  11. Pinkflower7783

Wow they make region blocks on videos? That's dumb! Hope your able to see it!
  12. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Try the Web site for The Comedy Network in Canada, which has last night's episode available for viewing:

www.thecomedynetwork.ca

This was a blast. Kermit was bang-on and it was obvious Colbert had a ball playing off him. Not in the same side-splitting category as Cookie Monster's appearance back in 2007, but still funny and cool, and a great promo for the DVD/Blu-Ray as well.
  13. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

i saw this, it was great!
  14. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Oh I picked up on that too! Haha
  15. Pinkflower7783

That was probably my favorite line!
  16. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

17. amygam

amygam Member

I loved it! It made my day when i saw that.
  18. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Somehow, I feel it's kinda ridiculous that Kermit keeps talking about the movie.