Kermit On UK TV - Now !

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Just a quick note that Kermit has just been on BBC1 in the UK helping present tonights pop concert celebrating the Queens Golden Jubilee. The preview show is on now. Apparently they said he had just flown in from the states etc etc.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Luke thanks for letting us know.

Did you see it? How was Kermit?

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Phil,

Kermit is in fine form so far tonight - the voice is definitely Steve Whitmire. He joked that the small fire at Buckingham Palace last night was due to Ozzy Osbourne spontaneously combusting, said that he's got an arrangement with the Queen to stay in her pond when he stops over in the UK, and talked about his recent duet with Kylie Minogue. He was being interviewed by a popular TV presenter called Jamie Theakston.

The whole concert is actually being staged inside the gardens at Buckingham Palace in the presence of the Queen live on TV so its a big thing for everyone. It was definitely made to sound like Kermit will play a bigger role in the actual show later tonight, he was introduced as the person (or frog) assisting Jamie Theakston and Jamies role is to do all the backstage links and performer interviews once the concert starts so i guess we'll be seeing more.

It's all one big party here in the UK today and also tommorow so good that Kermit is to be a part of it !

*Throws Streamer*

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke !

I wondered if Kermit was gonna do something !

but i missed it, I WAS WATCHING BIG BROTHER !

Hopefully he'll be on more tonight !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

WHY IS KERMIT IN THE UK ?!

Im 99% sure that they didnt fly over only for that interview !

Im gonna watch all night now to see if they do something else !

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
For people in other countries - the show tonight is being webcast live on the internet at :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/musiclive/webcast.shtml

The show starts at 7:30pm our time (BST) which i think works out at 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time. It's going to last for about 4 hours and i think it's also available recorded from the site afterwards.

Warrick :- They announced that he had specially flown over from the states, and i guess they wouldn't just come over for that quick interview so there should be more. He wasn't promoting any products or anything.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Kermit was on again with Ruby Wax. They had a little conversation about stealing the Crown Jewels ! LOL!

It was Two minutes and Fifty Five Seconds long !

Great Stuff !

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well here's a rundown of Kermit's part of the concert. As Warrick said, Kermit appeared with Ruby Wax to introduce Tony Bennet - they were both sitting on a mini stage a little way from the main one, Steve Whitmire must have been underneath the stage area because it was a totally open space. They had a funny chat, mentioned Miss Piggy, but it kinda messed up because they finished their intro before Tony Bennet was ready to come on, but it all kinda worked itself out.

In the finale Steve Whitmire openly came on stage with all the other artists and performed Kermit for versions of 'Hey Jude' and 'All You Need Is Love'. Kermit was propped on Tom Jones shoulder for the second song and was singing along to the words. Kermit also met the Queen, and the rest of the Royal Family as they met the artists and shook their hands (flippers etc). This was all very cool - Kermit had one of the best spots right up the front with the main throng of performers like Paul Mcartney, Tom Jones, Ozzy Osbourne, Rod Stewart. He was in shot more or less right the way through the finale and shown a lot of the time during Prince Charles speech. On a lot of our news channels Kermit's also just been interviewed talking about how it all went.

It was quite a concert, very cool fireworks, and for those who want to see it, it'll be on VH1 in America on July 9th. You can also see it on the net at that link i posted !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke

OMG !

I taped the whole ending, i got it all !

Steve and Kermit were in SOOOOO Much!

Nearly every Ten Seconds of the 20 minutes you could see Steve and Kermit !

And the Queen said hello to him !!

If anyone has seen that Clinton thing with Steve and Dave in the finale standing up with their Puppets, Its like that.
Except this time Steve was upfront and not hiding behind people !

what mroe could i want, Kermit, Rachel and Emma Bunton all in the same place !

I should think that the first thing shown, With Jamnie Theakston will be shown again on the Digital CBBC Channel.
Seeing as it was a Blue Peter Special !

what news was he on Luke ?

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
He's been on Sky News and BBC News 24 so far !

Ok so there is a Realvideo backstage interview with Kermit and a photo of him at this link :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/musiclive/backstageinterviews.shtml

He's in the middle (next to Ozzy Ozbourne) on the third block of people down. I think the direct link is :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/38053000/rm/_38053415_party_kermit_vi.ram

I thought the whole thing was cool too Warrick, i was so glad Steve was up there right at the front with Kermit and having such a good time - they are both looking well !