Kermit plush dolls

dmx10101

Reaction score
GonzoGirl said:
LOL...I live at Hot Topic...don't be afraid, they won't hurt you...:wink:
Uh, I don't know about where you live, but the people that go to that store here are a little uh..odd, and if I must say a bit frightening sometimes (with big pointy-hair doos and such). They dress in black and wear odd outfits. Not my thing at all. Ok I'm getting a bit off topic here but I don't dress like the people that shop there, and I don't wear the type of clorthes they sell. I like to dress clean, and fresh yet a bit classy. I like to wear "Urban" branded clothes (FUBU, RocaWear, South Pole, etc.) and I don't mind cleanin' up and wearin' some dress clothes. But that gothic, punk, or whatever that type of dressing is called is not my cup of tea. Now, it's not that I have anything against it, but It's just not what I like to wear. With that being said, Hot Topic here also plays really loud hard rock music, or whatever it's called and I can't stand it. But, I just don't feel right going into Hot Topic, I've only actually looked around in it like two times. So, thats all of my worthless rant.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Uh, I don't know about where you live, but the people that go to that store here are a little uh..odd, and if I must say a bit frightening sometimes (with big pointy-hair doos and such). They dress in black and wear odd outfits. Not my thing at all. Ok I'm getting a bit off topic here but I don't dress like the people that shop there, and I don't wear the type of clorthes they sell. I like to dress clean, and fresh yet a bit classy. I like to wear "Urban" branded clothes (FUBU, RocaWear, South Pole, etc.) and I don't mind cleanin' up and wearin' some dress clothes. But that gothic, punk, or whatever that type of dressing is called is not my cup of tea. Now, it's not that I have anything against it, but It's just not what I like to wear. With that being said, Hot Topic here also plays really loud hard rock music, or whatever it's called and I can't stand it. But, I just don't feel right going into Hot Topic, I've only actually looked around in it like two times. So, thats all of my worthless rant.
No worries, the scene just isn't your groove, and thats cool...but for the record us goths (and I am a pretty conservative one) aren't all 'dirty' and out to be loud and in your face...its just where some of us feel comforable expressing ourselves and who we are. I have friends that feel the way you do as far as feeling uncomfortable going in there..if you just wanted to see some of the Muppet items, you can shop via their website (or atleast visit it to see what they look like) They currently have really cute 9-10 inch Gobo and Red fraggle plushies on the website that I haven't seen in our Hot Topic that I might just have to order...:stick_out_tongue:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hee hee! I love Hot Topic! You wouldn't believe all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff I've gotten there! Not to mention my Gonzo plush and Cookie Monster T-Shirt. And I've also gotten quite a few Muppet pins from there as well! :smile: Plus (and this is just my opinion) the people in Hot Topic, while looking kinda scary, are actually the most normal people in the mall :stick_out_tongue:

dmx10101

Reaction score
GonzoGirl said:
No worries, the scene just isn't your groove, and thats cool...but for the record us goths (and I am a pretty conservative one) aren't all 'dirty' and out to be loud and in your face...its just where some of us feel comforable expressing ourselves and who we are. I have friends that feel the way you do as far as feeling uncomfortable going in there..if you just wanted to see some of the Muppet items, you can shop via their website (or atleast visit it to see what they look like) They currently have really cute 9-10 inch Gobo and Red fraggle plushies on the website that I haven't seen in our Hot Topic that I might just have to order...:stick_out_tongue:
Hmm, good points, nothing wrong with expressing yourself. I think I'll check out their site.

rexcrk said:
Hee hee! I love Hot Topic! You wouldn't believe all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff I've gotten there! Not to mention my Gonzo plush and Cookie Monster T-Shirt. And I've also gotten quite a few Muppet pins from there as well! Plus (and this is just my opinion) the people in Hot Topic, while looking kinda scary, are actually the most normal people in the mall
I wouldn't say the most normal pople in the mall, thats a bit overstated. I'm normal (I think) and don't shop there. But, yea I'm sure some of the people that shop there are nice, since you and GonzoGirl shop there.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
The Hot Topic in the mall that I go to the employees there are the nicest people in the whole mall. :smile:

dmx10101

Reaction score
Aerosmith said:
The Hot Topic in the mall that I go to the employees there are the nicest people in the whole mall. :smile:
wow, that's a surprise, I mean uh, that I wouldn't expect that.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
If it helps any, and makes you feel a bit better, DMX,...I have had my hair in pretty much every color of the rainbow-not spiky in a mohawk, but very colorful and unusually styled. I still wear Dickies and Doc Martins alot of the time, or anything dark and velvety, too, and have had alot of people either feel afraid of me because of it, or look down their nose at me like I should smell bad or something. But my own nature has always been to be affectionate, compassionate and caring to everyone I know, even strangers, which I know in this day and age isn't the smartest thing to do, but I think everyone deserves to be treated nicely...treated how you would like others to treat you. Granted, there are plenty of loud, in-your-face people out there, but they aren't all punk rockers or goths...
I can tell you, though, that the Hot Topic website is quite safe, and I have also had good luck calling the local Hot Topic when I have heard about an item to see if they carry it (like Muppet stuff) and they will either hold it for me til I can come in, or order it from their warehouse and have it sent to me directly. Even if the clothes and music isn't to your taster, if you look thru all their other trinkets, there is heaps of cool things to find.
:wink::big_grin:

dmx10101

Reaction score
Well,
Nothing wrong with colorful hair although I would never do that. And I have one Dickies outfit. My clothes are usually dark- Black, Blue, Some white, red, and that about all the colors I wear. And I think It's great that you are so nice to everyone, here in Jax. thats a hard find sometimes.I checked out the Hot Topic site plenty, of uh odd things there, but I saw some interesting things that I like too. I might end up going into HT again one of these days.
On a side note I went into my Carlton cards here and they had Gonzo, Piggy, and Animal plush the sabba brand or however its called for $18.99!?! Does anybody else sell them for cheaper?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
$18.99?! thats insane! I thought $14.99 at Blockbuster was pricey, but almost $20...if they were bigger dolls, and if Kermit didn't have the wires in him, I might consider paying closer to $20...but for those Sababa ones, thats a bit too high...I think our Carlton cards tends to be a bit more expensive than some of the other card/novelty shops...they must have a steep mark-up policy!

dmx10101

Reaction score
I liked them though. Do you know of a place that sell them for like $10?