1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Kermit replica

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Bear Man, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Dodo

Dodo Member

It looks terrific! As close to perfect as one can be :)

2. HunterPeeples

HunterPeeples New Member

Brilliant good Kermit Replica.

3. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

That is amazing!
    But the body could be tad bit bigger, but I'm being picky.

Great Kermit!

4. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

Thanks guys!

Wafflesnacker (love the name!) thanks for the feedback but I'm not sure I agree...it might be the result of trying to take a one-handed iPhone photo while my other arm is otherwise occupied with a Frog. I've noticed it's impossible for me to take a front on photo since Kermit's forward-leaning posture makes his head look giant compared to his body, and I think that this might be the reason for his body looking smaller in the pics I posted.

MikaelaMuppet and CowbellaPiggy like this.
  5. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

A better perspective shot showing Kermit's proportions (and what happens if you let all the air out of his head!)
    [​IMG]

6. HunterPeeples

HunterPeeples New Member

Are you going to sell it?

7. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

Nope. He's just for my collection.

8. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

Still trying to get a decent internal head/neck and body armature in place, but this one will do for the time being!
    [​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet and Dodo like this.
  9. wulster

wulster Member

Lookin good, love the bear..would do one myself but not found any fur good enough yet.

I just used my body pattern to create a 4 section internal body from 30mm foam a can of rug spray glue and a pair of shears.

10. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Thanks,
    And sorry for the misunderstanding, he sure does look different depending on the angle, (Even happens with my own replica). In this case he looks perfect! All you need is Gonzo to complete the trio!:):o:concern:

CowbellaPiggy likes this.
  11. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Plus, if you need a good thing to make his head look normal, you could find to buy a wooden hand model, like this:

[​IMG]

12. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

No chance that Gonzo will be joining the boys - at least, not one I made myself. I have the MR version, but the thought of finding the right fur (not much choice here in Sydney!) and carving a proper nose is well beyond my capabilities!

Interestingly enough I did go looking for wooden hands last weekend. The only sort I could find had a fixed thumb without the rotational capabilities in the image you've provided. I might go searching online, and if the item cost, shipping charges and poor Aussie dollar exchange rates don't end up making it prohibitively expensive, I might try buying one.

13. Perhaps the eyes distance, yes. And the tongue looks a little rounded, maybe? But it seems great for me. What green did you use? Do you know what's the right color?

14. Chuk

Chuk New Member

What's a good pattern for Elmo from season 32 or season 33 because I'm thinking of either using the mostro pattern or the ovale pattern or the rotundo pattern? Any advice

15. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

I don't know Elmo well enough - ask the Project Puppet people for their advice. They won't be able to tell you what pattern precisely is used for Elmo, but they should be able to advise on what they have that would be closest.