1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kermit Says That A Muppet Sequel Is Official

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by j3h, Feb 11, 2012.

1. j3h

j3h Active Member

2. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Who knows. But Kermit never specified that there would be a sequel. I'd say another movie is very likely, but not a sequel, but a movie unrelated to this one. Jason Segel did say in an interview that thier was a possibility to do another movie but not a sequel. It's like The Muppet Movie is much different from The Muppets Take Manhattan and that's much different from The Great Muppet Caper.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  3. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I'm sure there will be another Muppet movie in the future. And I'll be just excited for that one as I was for this one :)
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  4. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

If there's another headline about this, and if it becomes confirmed from a reliable source, then I'm sure that our Newsman will be on it as quick as possible!
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I hope it's not a sequel. All the Muppet movies in the past are their own thing. I hope they make a new movie, but just not a sequel.
  6. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

I wouldn't read too much into this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that's what they mean as well. It's too early to say what the next film would be... I'm sure that it may just do slightly better than the current movie (MTI did slightly better than MCC in the box office, though I'm sure once Christmas rolls around, MCC is the home video people bought more of). I'm pretty sure everyone involved knows that no Muppet movie is a direct sequel to any other Muppet movie (though the new one takes all of the first 3 movies into canon, but refers to them as movies as well). All I could see out of a direct sequel is a revenge plot (either by Tex coming back to his senses or the Moopets)... and I don't like revenge plot movies (it was brilliant to kill off every Batman villain in the original Batman movie series for that reason). That's half the reason why the second TMNT film falls flat for me... well, that and the completely unnecessary Vanilla Ice number that takes you out of the film.... and the lack of Casey Jones.
  8. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Is that Mista Snowman from X-Entertainment.com as your Avatar??
  9. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Really hope this is true! I want a new plot movie, not a sequel, but hey, I'm happy either way!:)
  10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

11. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

You never can tell...I'm sure if Jason Segel had his way...we would have a Muppet movie every 2 years or whatever. And who knows he may be the writer for the next one...he seems to have the corner market on the Muppets right now. Which is fine by me, at least someone is pulling for what all of us would like to be doing!
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm basically going with what everyone else is saying:

1. I think I'd wait until a more reliable source can confirm this piece of news.
    2. I too would hope for a different movie with its own plot, as opposed to an actual sequel to the previous movie (though some sources, for some reason, say GMC was a "sequel" to TMM).
  13. frog75

frog75 New Member

14. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'll watch The Muppets till the day I die. I can't wait for a new movie!!! :)
    PanthraDion likes this.
  15. muppfozz

muppfozz Member

:) I watched the View today because the Muppets-Piggy and Kermit were going to be on and Kermit was ask if there was going to be a sequel and he said yes. I was soooo happy.:super:
  16. Pinkflower7783

Yep!! He got a big applause when he said that too!!!
  17. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

The bigger question is: What should it be named?
    I'm voting for Muppets 2:Electric Mayhem Boogaloo

Daniel
    Beauregard likes this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Just sucks it's probably not gonna be out till 2014. :/