Kermit songs

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've decided as a mass Christmas present this year for friends, I'll be making an entire Kermit CD (with guests from Rowlf, Robin, Fozzie, Piggy, whoever else), and I was wondering, what are your favorite songs Kermit sings I may on my list so far?

"The Rainbow Connection"
"Happy Feet"
"One More Sleep 'Til Christmas"
"If I Were"
"I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along"
"The Christmas Wish"
"I Wonder 'Bout the World Above Out There"
"I Believe in Santa Claus"
"Can't Get Along Without You"
"Bein' Green"

If you can provide YouTube links too, that would be wonderful! Thanks everyone!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Awesome! I love Kermit the Frog! And I love his songs. There's definitely a number of great ones you could include both from The Muppet Show and Sesame Street and a lot of the others shows and movies and specials he's been in.
I like the list so far. I might could do Youtube links later, but here's a few other favorite Kermit songs for me.

And of course, "Being Green" and "The Rainbow Connection" are absolute musts!

"Sweet Vacation" from The Jim Henson Hour
Pig Calypso (Pigs Having Fun) from The Muppet Show
Lime in De Coconut from The Muppet Show
Disco Frog from both Sesame Street and The Muppet Show
Everyone Matters from It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
(I love Christmas! And "The Christmas Wish" is such a great song, so I'm glad you got that one on there, along with "I Believe in Santa Claus" I think this is another great one to include too.)
I Love My Elbows from Sesame Street
The Frogs in the Glen from Sesame Street
Do Op Hop from Sesame Street
African Alphabet from Sesame Street
Alphabet in the Swamp from Sesame Street
Get Along from Sesame Street
You're Alive from Sesame Street
Tadpoles from Sesame Street
This Frog from Sesame Street
My Pollywog Ways from Sesame Street
Do De Rubber Duck from Sesame Street (okay, so this is a menagerie of Muppets, but Kermit is in the mix)
When You Were a Tadpole and I was a Fish from The Muppet Show
Just One Person from The Muppet Show (okay, so this was a number of the Muppets, but Kermit was in there for it)
Kokomo- as covered by The Muppets (from "Muppet Beach Party" album) (Kermit & Piggy song)
She Drives Me Crazy- as covered by The Muppets (from "Kermit Unpigged" album) (Kermit & Piggy song)
Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock from Muppet Family Christmas
Carol Sing from Muppet Family Christmas (this is a whole ton of Muppets, but of course Kermit's in there- and it certainly would be a nice addition for a CD as a Christmas gift. And if you can get the original uncut version that would be really cool as it includes Statler and Waldorf singing one of my all time favorite Christmas carols- "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". Awesome!)
For that matter, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", "Deck The Halls", "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and definitely "Silent Night, Holy Night" would all be ones I'd want to include even though Kermit doesn't sing on all of them. And "The Peace Carol" and "A Baby Just Like You", all from the "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" soundtrack. (I really LOVE that special!)

Of course, I love Christmas and Kermit so much, I would probably just wind up including the whole of the "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together", "Muppet Family Christmas" and "The Muppets' Christmas Carol" soundtracks.:smile:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
One of my favorites from my childhood that I can't find online now is "Listen to the Heart of a Frog" from Sesame Street.

LetMeBeYourSong

Reaction score
I was just compiling some songs for my own Kermit CD actually :smile:

These are some more that I found that I don't believe I saw on any previous suggestion lists:

"Caribbean Amphibian" from Sesame Street
"On My Pond" from Sesame Street"
"Mary Had a Bicycle" from Sesame Street (news flash segment with Don Music)
"The Frogs in the Glen" from Sesame Street
"Any Old Iron" from The Muppet Show
"Grandma's Feather Bed" from Rocky Mountain Holiday
"Movin' Right Along" from The Muppet Movie (with Fozzie :embarrassed:)
"Steppin' Out with a Star" from The Great Muppet Caper
"Together Again" from The Muppets Take Manhattan (with the rest of the Muppets)
"Love Led Us Here" from Muppet Treasure Island (with Piggy :mad:)
"The Magic Store" from The Muppet Movie (with the rest of the Muppets)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
"Caribbean Amphibian" from Sesame Street
"On My Pond" from Sesame Street"
"Mary Had a Bicycle" from Sesame Street (news flash segment with Don Music)
Can't believe I forgot these! They are definitely Kermit classics! I love "Caribbean Amphibian"- that one's a must.

One of my favorites from my childhood that I can't find online now is "Listen to the Heart of a Frog" from Sesame Street.
This is a great one too. This is with Kermit going to the doctor, right? I do believe I've seen it at www.sesamestreet.com before. I'll have to check.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Absolutely! That's another one of my favorites! Wow, I can't believe I forgot "A Song From Kermit". Kermit the Frog did quite a few songs on Sesame Street over the years.:smile:

Mary Louise

Reaction score
You could also have "Frogs" from the "Frog Prince." I've seen links to "The Frog Prince" on YouTube.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Nice! I watched "The Frog Prince" quite a while ago on VHS from the local library. That was a great Muppets special.:smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
All the songs listed are fantastic Kermit songs and a lot of them are my favorites, but can you include "Ukelele Lady" from The Muppet Show and "I Love my Elbows" from Sesame Street? Also, include the song Kermit sings with Lynn Redgrave. I'm not sure what the title is, but I'm sure you get the idea.