1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Kermit Swamp Years - Opinions

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by The Whatevers, Jun 9, 2006.

1. The Whatevers

The Whatevers New Member

Kermit Swamp Years is getting pretty cheap now and I was wondering if you guys (who've seen it) could give me their reviews on the movie.

Thanks. I might buy it, I'm not sure yet.

2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

You'll see why it's cheap once you buy it... trust me, don't get it.

3. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

See I Liked It Defently Worth $5.50 At Wal-mart

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I admit it, I liked it. But the blooper real made it worth the money :D

5. Kaiser Gonzo

Kaiser Gonzo New Member

to fussed to get it.
    its a pretty poor movie, bares no likeness to any other muppet movies. it lacks the muppetness because the only muppets that appear in it are kermit, and a cameo from a young statler and waldorf .
    i wouldn't get it

6. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

I havn't seen it for a few years, so, I have to watch it again.

7. Pianodog

Pianodog New Member

It's fun in its own way, the problem being that not only is Kermit the only classic muppet in it (apart from the Statler and Waldorf cameo), he is not very familiar, since he's about twelve years old and therefore has a different voice and slightly different characteristics. Also, the plot and slapstick don't feel very "muppety". There's some good stuff in it, though (among other things a musical number in a pet store), so if you can get it cheap, get it.

Pianodog.

8. The Whatevers

The Whatevers New Member

What's wrong with it?

9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It's cheap. It's not funny. It doesn't have the muppet spirit. It's basically the worst muppet film ever. I wouldn't buy it.

10. Muppet Matt

Is it really that bad?:concern:

11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I've never seen it.

12. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

I think allot of times people make a bigger deal of things than it really is...it has allot of cute funny moments but the acting is very bad.

13. Kimp the Shrimp

nononoonononoononononoononononoo MTI is the WORST by far

14. Muppet Matt

Ok, I'm going to borrow it from my library. Thanks!;)

I think MTI is one of the best! What don't you like in it?

15. Sgt Floyd

The best parts in the movie are pretty much the little pet shop music number, statler and waldorfs cameo, and the ending, when the outakes play. The only thing that truely disturbed me is what they did to Rainbow Connection. In fact, it took me a while to even relize it WAS Rainbow Connection playing at the end

16. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Actually I kind of liked the remix.

17. Sgt Floyd

I liked it too, but it disturbed me in the fact it went from a nice slowish song to rock:smirk:

18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'm kinda conflicted. Starting with Muppet Christmas Carol, I have been disapointed with the more recent Muppet films. I don't want to judge KSY or Muppets Wizard of Oz before seeing them. However, I don't want to waste my money, just to be more disapointed.

I told my friends I definitely wanted to see the Fraggle Rock movie and they all think I'm crazy, they're sure it's going to be bad. I just want to hold out a bit of hope. I recently rented A Very Merry Muppet Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised that it managed to squeeze out a bit of the old magic.

19. Kimp the Shrimp

Rent them or goto Wal mart they are 5.50

20. Muppet Matt

I got it for my b-day today. I can't wait to watch it!