Kermit Swamp Years - Opinions

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I would say that it's worth the $5.50 and not one penny more. But heym the Muppets take Manhattan is in the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart as well, so if you have 5.50, I think I know which one I would go with, :wink: .

Personally, I didn't really care for Kermit's Swamp Years too much, I still bought it however, just for the sake of my collection. It's far from the best Muppet Movie, well really it makes Muppet Wizard of Oz look like the Muppet Movie, it's that bad, for my money. Here are some things I didn't really like about it, in a little bit of an order...

3) I have to say, that the whole idea of a youger verison of a Muppet was already played out, even before this sorry film, way before really. I mean we had Muppet Babies and The Muppet kids books. So to be honset, I always wished that it was a little more clear on how the Muppets met. But for me, I always think of the Muppet Movie as the true verison.
2) No classic Muppets, just Kermit along with a small cameo with Statler and Waldorf, and none of these Muppets look like themselves.
1) New characters. No, I'm not saying I hate the idea of bringing in new Muppets, but not annoying ones, again at least in my say. I mean let's look at the new Muppets here, frist off Croaker, he's really cocky, I didn't like him too much at all. Googles was super annoying with an annoying voice to macth him, and that big bullfrog (forgot his name) had no good traits about him either, oh than there is the dog, hmmm, can't say anything good to say there either, oh what about Vicki the snake, what was she supposed to be some kind of madam or something? Nope there was no new Muppet characters in this movie, that had the Muppet heart that makes you fall in love with them and get behind them.

But agian, this is just my say.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
The best parts in the movie are pretty much the little pet shop music number, statler and waldorfs cameo, and the ending, when the outakes play. The only thing that truely disturbed me is what they did to Rainbow Connection. In fact, it took me a while to even relize it WAS Rainbow Connection playing at the end
well they didnt do it per-say , the cover of Rainbow connection had been released as part of a Album by ME FIRST AND THE GIMME GIMMES , they speacilize in Punk Covers of popular songs , that may not be thier best work but some are pretty fun,

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
its a cute movie, as for me i own TWO copys... mom n dad got me a copy from the $5 walmart bin 2 summers ago and i got it AGAIN in that 3 box set with TMTM, MFS and KSY that Sony/and Disney put out here not to long ago! :smile:

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
I kinda had my doubts when I saw Kermit Swamp Years in the $5.50 bin at Wally World!

Faylo

Reaction score
I didn't think KSY was that bad of a movie. It did have it's cute moments!
Although I am in love with the outtakes/blooper reel.

"..SPANK ME! SPANK ME!"

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I bought the DVD a while ago but I still haven't watched it, I've been too scared

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
WATCH IT!
No, it's not classic Muppets. But it is fun. It's aimed at the younger ones, Sesame Street age. It's KidVid. No, it's not the Muppet Movie, but to me it was much better then Muppets Wizard of Oz!
It's worth the six bucks just for the pet store scene alone.
But hey, this is just my opinion!
JB

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If I try to see KSY, I'm definitely just going to rent, as opposed to buy.

I'm sure it has it's moments. Like I said before, I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy certain parts of A Very Merry Muppet Christmas. But overall, it wasn't something I wanted to keep watching over and over.