1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

kermit the frog

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by BryanS, Dec 4, 2002.

1. BryanS

BryanS New Member

I was wondering if any one would happen to know how to successfully build a Kermit puppet. what materials might be used
    and is there a simple pattern for making his head and body. if any one has had success in building a kermit like puppet or a recreation of one I would love to see pics of it, and any info on how to go about building my own kermit puppet. Any information about it would be very very helpful. Thanks
  2. BryanS

BryanS New Member

Need Help

Please............ if anyone has any info on how to go about building a Kermit puppet please reply or if any one has any close up pics of a kermit puppet please reply or email me.

I dont even know where to start. I am wanting to try to build my own kermit puppet and I am lost as a goose on how to make his head look right I need to find some sort of pattern

IF anyone could help please please please REPLY..............

BRYAN
  3. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

kermit puppet

Hi there, I have a pic of a custom made kermit puppet made by Ben and Keeter puppets. They just finished it. I can email it to you if you want to see it, just let me know. I am currently planning out my plans to make a kermit also. Let me know how it goes for you.
  4. video567

video567 New Member

hi im just curious if this ever got done I would love to find out how to make the body and also maybe a pattern for the arms, finguer, legs and toes out of the fleese. thank you!:)
  5. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Hi,Rtgentry could you e-mail me a picture of that kermit puppet too.Thanks.
  6. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

Just find an old toy kermit handpuppet and take it apart :) There's your pattern.
  7. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Sorry that post was 4 years old. I dont have that pic anymore. My avatar is a customer kermit though. And no I dont have a pattern, sorry.
  8. video567

video567 New Member

thanks, is his head foam or polyfill do you know?
  9. puppetise

puppetise Member

search the forums there is a pattern for kermit i just got it snd printed it out my kermits looks authentic and he isn even finished
  10. video567

video567 New Member

yeah i found it and im printing it out, i just not sure if the head is foam first the fleese or no foam at all. the body i can do i just dont know how to do the arms and legs fingers and toes

ps you know your picture trail doesnt work?
  11. puppetise

puppetise Member

it donsnt it must be your computer coz sum ppl have seen my puppets
  12. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Yea I cant see them either, It says your account has been phased out.
  13. gfarkwort

gfarkwort Member

.....yea....it said that yesterday when I tried to look at it as well.....
  14. Blink

Blink Member

Same thing here. Doesn't work for me either. It would seem that either you have been phased out, or there is a problem with the physical link given.
  15. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I took my Kermit doll and cut it open, pulled out the stuffing, and stuck my hand up there....It worked, but it's not such a good idea. :)
  16. puppetise

puppetise Member

hmm ok ill try and fix it ok try now
  17. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

I too am trying to work on making a Kermit puppet, I have done a search and all I have found was a head pattern, is there a pattern some where here for the rest of the body?
    If so, can someone please post the link?

Thanks,
    Lynn
  18. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

just to clarify for everyone , the head pattern that is out there is from aToy, it will make a serviciable kermit like puppet , but you are not going to find the actual kermits patterns, they are not availible to the General Public, but the pattern you do find will make a fine puppet and it will be a great learning tool for alll of you trying to make you own puppets, good luck to you all
    :)
  19. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Do you have any suggestions for tweeking the Fisher Price head pattern to make it better and a little more accurate?

IE.. Make the whole head bigger, Add a little here, take away a little there, make this bigger, change this area on the mouth, ETC...

Lynn
  20. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

Just looking at it, as well as the puppet, I'd say it's pretty accurate if you scale it up about 125-150% and elongate the neck. After the pieces are sewn together you should be able to figure out how long the neck's supposed to be based on reference pictures.

I have a really small hand and I know that the FP Kermit never had enough neck room when I'd try to use it.