Kermitage.com Yahoo Picks site of the day!

Michael

Reaction score
Hi,

This is just another quick update and news from www.kermitage.com .

Firstly Charlotte (our daughter) had her operation on Tuesday and everything went fine, she was able to go home less than 24 hours after the op and today she is fighting fit! Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and wishes.

Today we added a search engine to www.kermitage.com you can now access this via the homepage and it allows everyone to find either characters or episodes more quickly than going via the usual routes. It still needs some tweaking but hopefully after a while it should be even more specific.

And lastly some great news which we just found about today!
www.kermitage.com has been chosen as site of the day on Yahoo Picks http://picks.yahoo.com/picks . This means that Kermitage is featured prominently on the Picks site and throughout all of Yahoo. This really came as a complete surprise especially as the site hasn't been officially opened yet with the debut of the collectibles Guide. The hits on the site today have been amazing and it will easily be the busiest day so far. We are obviously immensely proud of being chosen and want to thank everyone for their support.

Here's the blurb from the site:

"August 9, 2002

Kermitage.com

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational web site around. Anyone growing up in the '70s caught at least a few episodes of the rousing variety show known as The Muppet Show, and the creators of this incredibly in-depth site have painstakingly profiled each episode. Start with season one, which featured guest hosts Paul Willams and Phyliss Diller among others, then work your way through the remaining seasons. After you've dissected each episode, scoot over to the Character Guide and read about every Muppet to ever appear on the show. The list starts with Abe, a tap dancer who made a cameo in episode 56, and ends with the Zuchinni Brothers, a group of daredevil Italian brothers. Whether you're looking for obscure characters like the Mackerel or trying to find information about Kenny Rogers' guest-hosting gig, Kermitage will indubitably provide the facts."

Thanks again! More updates and additions to follow soon.

Michael and Mar.

Luke

Reaction score
Congratulations guys on both Charlottes successful op, and also Kermitage being Yahoo's 'Site Of The Day' - wow what an honor, and the site hasn't even fully opened yet !

Jackie

Reaction score
Yay for Kermitage!

May I ask what the surgery was for? I'm glad she's doing fine!!! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Hey mike!

I got your email of the same message...first off, so glad to hear your daughter is doing ok now! I didnt even know you and mar had a baby this year til recently! heh Its so neat to hear of kids coming into this world within the love of muppet fan parents!

Also congrats on the yahoo thing with Kermitage! Lik eyou said, not even opened officially and it already has a nice plug.
This can only bode well for the online Muppet community^_^

MuppetVision3D

Reaction score
YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! (In my best Kermit impersonation.) Congratulations. P.S. I love the site.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Michael and Mar,

Thats great news !

Congrats !!

See ya

scott

Reaction score
Also, Michael, your site was featured on fark.com. Most websites that get featured on Fark get an extra two thousand or so hits. I saw the link and wondered why no one had ever noticed kermitage on MC. Then I saw Michael's name "oh, nevermind."

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
This is fantastic news! You've put a ton of work into Kermitage so far, even with out its main part being opened yet. This just adds further proof to your drive, dedication, and skill.

Congrats to you Michael, and to everyone who has helped with the site so far!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Michael and Mar:

Congrats to both of you on your TWO pieces of great news!!

Best of luck to you too, Charlotte.

BTW, Kermitage looks great. Keep up the nice work!!

- Billy :cool: