Kermit's Banjo replica

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
As I've mentioned a few times before, one of the main reasons I build puppets is because it has become a tradition for me to perform some characters at our annual family reunion. In particular, I'm not allowed to show my face there unless I sing "Rainbow Connection" as Kermit. :stick_out_tongue:

So this year, I decided to take things up a notch and give Kermit a snazzy lookin' banjo to play! Except I pretty much had no time or money for making anything too fancy. But I got pretty clever and I think the end product turned out just fine! It's mostly made out of foam board, duck tape, and contact paper, and a lid from a circular cardboard box, but I'm quite pleased with the results!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
that is awesome looks just like it did in the movie great work on this

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Thanks! It turned out a lot better than I expected, given the materials I had to work with!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Awesome ToodlesTeam! The results are great! I can imagine Kermit playing his banjo and singing, "The Rainbow Connection." Great job!

SesameFever

Reaction score
Nice job. In the background I see a great Ernie and is that a Sesame Street Beetle? Where do you get the cloth to match the colors perfectly? WHERE DID YOU GET THE INSTRUMENTAL VERSION OF MOVIN RIGHT ALONG??????

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's Mahna Mahna, not one of the Beetles. Also there's an impressive WALL-E replica back there.

SesameFever

Reaction score