Kermit's induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
What a great event! Even thought it seems kermit should have had a star a long time ago, this is the year to do it with the muppets coming back, the 25th aniversery of the muppet show and all the new stuff in stores!

Congratulations Kermit the Frog, Steve, and Jim Henson!

Zack)Rowlf the, 2002 The year of the Muppets striking back! Dog.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
AAARGH!!! I knew Kermit was getting a star, but I didn't realize it was *today*!!! I only live about 30 minutes from LA now; that's driveable. And I wasn't working today either. *sigh* Oh, well, thanks for that great report, Trevor. I guess I'll have to be making my way up to the Kodak sometime soon.

BTW, I would very much agree that the Oscars are "bought". It seems to have very little to do with actual quality of the film and more to do with who plays the best PR game. There are tons of small independents that never get nominated 'cause they're never seen, and heaven forbid if you're a quality film but too popular (like the original Star Wars or Monsters Inc.) -- then you don't stand a chance of winning. The whole thing is just basically an overblown version of a high-school popularity contest.

But that's just my take on it. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that it is weird that Big Bird got a star first. I don't know why!

murgatoad

Reaction score
Hmmm. No mention of Kermit's little publicity grab on "Access Hollywood" or "Entertainment Tonight" this evening. Wasn't mentioned in USA Today either.

Well, fame is fleeting...