Kermits Swamp Years DVD Secrets

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Kermits Swamp Secrets

Hey Guys,
I just got Kermits Swamp Years on DVD today and i love it, And i thought id tell you what little Goodies i saw.

They arent really Secrets, Just stuff i noticed.

In the Movie -

Theres a Leaflet in the Pet Store that says 'Salm on Friends', I thought it could be a play on words?

Obviously Statler and Waldorf!

And then Jim picking up the mail

In Wilsons Truck there was a Keychain with Animal on it, Ive never seen that one before!

Foo Foo was in the Pet store.

Dog from The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic had one of those rough Jim voices, It was probably Bill or John Kennedy.
Jim performed Dog in The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic , So it was like the same voice.

Alice Dinnean who Performed Pilgrim, Vicki and Kermits Mom also plays the voice of Suzie on 'Rugrats'.

In the Biology Class there was a diagram of a disected Frog, Steve wore a T Shirt with that picture on at MuppetFest.

Some stuff i noticed in the Bloopers -

The small Vacuum has 'Muppets' on it, This is the way they clean the Muppets.

Someone was wearing a red Jacket with a great Sweetums picture embroided onto it.

John Kennedy was wearing a Pepe T Shirt.

And in the End Credits i doticed -

Melissa Whitmire was an Additional Puppeteer !

Well see ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Ok i just searched for Alice Dinneands credits and couldnt see no work of her on 'Rugrats'.

It doesnt seem like she did, But she sure sounds like Suzie !

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Warrick,

For the person who was asking before, are there subtitles for the extras ?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

No i didnt see any, Only when Horace D'fly was asking a Question to Kermit, There was a board with the Questions written on it.

When watching the Commentary i noticed -

Wilsons Trucks License Plate -

JMH-924

James Maury Henson - 9th Month, 24th Day

In Wilsons Pet Store, There are many Posters with names of the Original Henson Production Team -

David Lazer
Richard Hunt
Dave Goelz
Frank Oz
Jerry Nelson
Jerry Juhl
Steve Whitmire

Dr. Krassman was named after The Scientist (Mel Brookes) in The Muppet Movie.

See ya !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

The Commentary is subtitled, But only in Dutch.

see ya

Michael

Reaction score
When I first saw the "Young" Jim Henson and the fact that the town is named Leland i thought it cringingly corny.....its grown on me a little but I still think its a little overdone.

Other VERY obvious references were Kermit and the pig and him hoping that he never has to see one again. Groan. And the first live dog that we see who is repeatedly called "Rowlf".

As you mentioned there is quite a few references in the pet store. a Poster with "Frank and Steves" another called "Nelsons" and a "Goelz's Goody Grub" or something like that. There is also quite a few others. The Animal Keychain and the Jim Henson number plate was something that we were treated too at Muppetfest. Also the Scientists car is DG *** which could be a reference to Dave Goelz but that could be just a coincidence.

There was a few more that I noticed but its been a couple of days since I last saw it so next time I'll try and write them down.

Michael.

radionate

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are cringing at these little "cute in-jokes". Since I haven't seen KSY yet (I think I'll pick it up tonight on DVD), I shouldn't really comment, and I might be eating these words, but I think its kinda cute. Why shouldn't they have fun with this project? At least its a project. Should we Bi**h that our beloved gang of felt aren't doing anything, or that what they are attempting to do sucks?

I'll get back to this topic after I've seen the show.:big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

No one was, Where they ?

Or do you mean what Mike said -
"When I first saw the "Young" Jim Henson and the fact that the town is named Leland i thought it cringingly corny.....its grown on me a little but I still think its a little overdone."

I myself thought that this scene was nice, I didnt cringe or think yuck, or think this is boring the whole way through the DVD.

I just loved it !

See ya

grail

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Ok i just searched for Alice Dinneands credits and couldnt see no work of her on 'Rugrats'.

It doesnt seem like she did, But she sure sounds like Suzie !

See ya
i may be wrong, i have been before...but i thought the voice of Suzie was Cree Summer? she was was also the voice of the princess in Disney's Atlantis movie and toured with Lenny Kravitz last year...