Kermits Swamp Years DVD Secrets

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Grail,

I have no idea, But Pilgrim the Dog sounds very much like Suzie.

See ya

Michael

Reaction score
I'm not cringing at the "cute" in Jokes, just the one that is layed on pretty thick.

The Leland sign was featured heavily and the long pause on the Henson Mailbox was enough for anyone with only a light knowledge of the Muppets to "get" the pun.

You'll see what I mean and probably won't feel the same I just think when you add things like that you don't need to be so blatant about it or it kind of loses the point of doing it in the first place.

My other gripes were it is very slow even for a young kids movie, it certainly needed a shake up somewhere as in my opinion it never really reached any point where you felt it was going anywhere. Hopefully without spoiling anything for people who haven't seen it, but the chase in the High School was too long by half and the actors really were awful. Especially the Pet Store Owner and the Scientists assistant, who appeared to not know what the **** they were supposed to do, so just went along with it and acted stupid and over the top. Case in point; watch the guy running in the afore mentioned School chase seen, not even comical just plain pathetic.

Other than that there were parts I enjoyed, I think the camera photgraphy was really very beautiful and both Goggle and Croaker were very appealing and well performed. It is a worthy addition to the Henson collection of films and I think Steve's voice of Kermit is getting particulaly good, in fact I'll go as far as saying he sounded more like Jim's Kermit when he was the Young kermit than he does as the Original older version.

Oh and one other thing I noticed to take this back to the thread topic, I think Jim Lewis (the writer and Exec producer) is sitting behind Kermit in the Cinema, you'll see him go "shhhh". He's the guy who you saw in the Sweetums jacket Warrick.

Michael.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I don't understand why people are cringing at these little "cute in-jokes". Since I haven't seen KSY yet (I think I'll pick it up tonight on DVD), I shouldn't really comment, and I might be eating these words<<<

Because these are a far cry from the 'fan nuggets' for us diehards that the production tema promised at the KSY MF panel last year and at SDCC. Not one thing mentioned I find interesting...is the cameos of other Muppets really that low? Is that all the 'fan nuggest'? Sheesh.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Mike,

Yeah i also noticed Jim in the Cinema, But i wasnt 100% sure.
It seems like he has more hair in the Cinema - LOL !

I also think the pause was a bit too long on the Mailbox, They could have just zoomed out with the camera so we could see it in the shot, Not neceserily a close up.

And one other thing about Kermit sometimes he pronounces his S's like "Sh" and then other times its a normal S sound.

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

What do you call a Fan Nugget ?

I think that the reference to Jim on the License Plate and the Young Jim was great.

They also made lots of little Suprises in the Pet Store, Would you ever have thought they would have made a link to Sam and Friends ?

They used a fish leaflet saying 'Salmon Friends', It was great !

Then there was the names of the Original Henson Productions team sprinkled on the posters in the Pet Store.

Arnie The Alligator, Statler, Waldorf and Dog from The Tale of The Bunny Picnic.

Then the Dr. Krassman refrence to the Mad Scientist (Mel Brookes) in The Muppet Movie.

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>What do you call a Fan Nugget ?<<<

Well, the way the KSY team was talking at Muppetfest...I thought they'd have references or cameos of everythign from Gorch and Fraggle Rock to frackles and other more obscure stuff. I mean they seemed to put an emphasis on fan nuggest at the panel...and I really took this to mean cameos. I read only Statler and Waldorf are the really main cameos? (Besides Bunny picnic cameos)

>>>They also made lots of little Suprises in the Pet Store, Would you ever have thought they would have made a link to Sam and Friends ?<<<

Ok, yeah thats good...but a Muppet pet store has SOOOO many oppurtunities. Where was baskerville, baby rowlf, or hack even Sprocket? A pet store without a Sprocket cameo? sad.
(with the exception of MTM, every pet store./dog pound/etc scene from JHH to M@WDW has had Sprocket and other Muppet dogs)

I was just lead on to think there would be some really inspired cameops and references is all.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Fan nuggets?

Oh my goodness, I hope these are nothing like chicken nuggets...

:eek:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Did anyone at MuppetFest actually say that there would be lots of Cameos?

Myself, i wouldnt have thought in a thousand years that a Muppet from The Land of Gorch would ever pop up anywhere now, Or even a Fraggle.

Sprocket would have been nice to see in the Pet Store i agree, But there has only really been one other Muppet Pet store and that was in The Muppets Take Manhattan.

But there are a lot of nice and suprising refrences in the movie.

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Did anyone at MuppetFest actually say that there would be lots of Cameos?<<<

Not cameos specifically, but things that would put a smile on a longtime fan's face. So far, from what I read...besides what sounds like an unwatchable movie we get just a few truly out there references.

Myself, i wouldnt have thought in a thousand years that a Muppet from The Land of Gorch would ever pop up anywhere now, Or even a Fraggle.<<<<

Gorch...I was just kidding. FR?(ie: Sprocket) yes.
But not that, I mean from past specials or films. And no
I dont think of KSY as a movie, but more of a kiddy special direct to video thing.

Sprocket would have been nice to see in the Pet Store i agree, But there has only really been one other Muppet Pet store and that was in The Muppets Take Manhattan<<<

What I meant was a gathering of 'pet' animals. Within the realm of Muppets there is talking animals and animal animals(like goofy is a talking animal on disney, whereas pluto would be an animal animal) I would have thought there would be more cameos.
So Statler and Waldorf are th eonly noticable cameos?

But there are a lot of nice and suprising refrences in the movie