Kermit's Swamp Years Fan Reviews

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our Kermit's Swamp Years reviews are on-line. The results are very interesting as there is a pretty broad spectrum of opinions on this one. The lowest review is a 1/2 Kermit and the highest review is four Kermits. That's the biggest difference in opinions we've ever had in the past 4 1/2 years.

Special thanks to everyone who submitted reviews: Melissa Yowhan, Jackie O'Donnell, Artie Esposito, Alex G. Bowman, and M. Peckham.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/tv-film/ksy.shtml

Let us know what you think about the reviews!

Luke

Reaction score
I think it's cool to see such a broad spectrum of opinions on what was always going to be a project not to absolutely everybodies tastes, though it seems that many people have tried to find the best in it, and suceeded in finding some aspect they've liked. Jackies review had me laughing my rear end off though ! LOL

I still kinda want to see it though so i'll rent it, i don't know whether that makes me mad or just curious.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yes, those broad views should make it interesting. Now, all I have to do is see the movie! LOL

- Billy :cool:

beaker

Reaction score
Hmmm, well I guess the Cory verdict will have to wait til I can find it at Blockbuster in a few weeks.

If anything, at least they used a real swamp. I think weve gotten mighty tired of fake sets as opposed to real enviroments.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I think it's cool to see such a broad spectrum of opinions on what was always going to be a project not to absolutely everybodies tastes, though it seems that many people have tried to find the best in it, and suceeded in finding some aspect they've liked. Jackies review had me laughing my rear end off though ! LOL

I still kinda want to see it though so i'll rent it, i don't know whether that makes me mad or just curious.
I was so disappointed in the movie! LOL!

Joseph

Reaction score
Melissa's review said that overall the film was a real treat. Did she even see this movie?? I think she might be letting her feelings toward the other muppet movies bias her review. I would not recommend this movie to anyone.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I feel bad... i mean we are stuck with this movie for the rest of our lives!!! look at me! i say that like we all have an uncureable sickness!!!

i mean, this movie was supost to be "specail" Kermit's youth! his wart's an all! but from what everyone says it's not!

yes! i have seen it, and bite my head off but i DO like it, NOT to say it could not be better and the human actor are terriable, and more songs should have been added.

what's with this whole wilson the pet store owner is evil?!?! i think he's a few sticks short of a bundle, a few fries short of a happy meal, a few cent's short from a dollar, a few...okay i'm done, what i'm triying to say is that he's not the sharpest tool in the shead..
OK! wilson the pet store owner is dumb! literaly!

(SPOILER INFO SPOILER INFO!! doodoodoodoodooo!do!)
he doesn't really kidnapp Goggle's and Bloch, more in a like he finds them in the middle of the street and plans to give them a home as "life as a pet".

not that he should have done this, takeing wild animals out of there habitat, but where the heck did he get that monkey from?!?!? Wilsons not really like, hahahah! i got you! your mine! and your little freinds kermit and crocker will never find you!and neither your parents because you don't really have them, or at least they are not shown in this movie!
Wison's more like...
"duh, it must be my lucky day! duh...."

okay Wilson is a morron! he brings a buring box in to a school!!!! it didn't really start a fire, but still!!!! what the hey??!?!? there are people in there! do you know nothing!!?!?!

okay and let's not forget that he puts Goggle's and Bloch in a cage with a SNAKE! not for them to be feed to vicky the snake(as stated in a review not MC related) but for priavicy for goggles and bloch because "duh" wilson think's the frogs are doing something else other then fighting...and need their space, so he put's them in a seprate tank not relizing that there is a snake in there!!!

i think a more clever way could have been done with goggles and bloch being put in the tank then a "mistake" just as the same as kermit and crocker getting out of the box on the way in to the school, by starting a fire in which wilson "could" have burned down the school by bring the buring box inside!!!! wouldn't kermit and crocker burn them selfs? should little frogs play with fire?!?!

I don't know, just to see Jackies rating "half a kermit head" was very funny!!!! has that happed before?!?! Jackie would Phil let you rate it any lower?!?!;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, read this post!!! it's funny!!!Dog.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I think it was great giving us an inside view on kermits younger years i think.Its been on the top of everyones minds and after geting the great gonzo origin we just couldnt wait for kermit! I think overall 4 kermits for this movie whitch will be memorbal in the future.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

I don't know, just to see Jackies rating "half a kermit head" was very funny!!!! has that happed before?!?! Jackie would Phil let you rate it any lower?!?!;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, read this post!!! it's funny!!!Dog.
LOL! I think that's the lowest I could go ! :smile:

Honestly though, that was the worst pile of nothing the Muppets ever made. They seriously could have done a lot better and I think it's best we let them know that NOW before it's really too late :smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
I guess Jackie really regrets not being able to rate a quarter Kermit... :big_grin: