Kermit's Swamp Years

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Yeah it does look a bit cartoony.

But i think the way they've made the Younger Kermit and his friends they actually look a little bit cartoony too.

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick

Well have there been actual pics of the puppets yet (other than Kermit)? Because even Kermit looks cartoony on the poster. I have faith in the Muppet builders.

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie

I have faith in the Muppet builders.
Did you have pledge to that before you took the mod job or are there no legal repurcussions if you say something looks rubbish ? ;-)

Seriously, i think the puppets are about the only thing they have got right in Swamp Years - well at least Kermit looks ok and the screenshots look good.

I honestly am not looking forward to Swamp Years - to put it mildly it looks like a pile of poo - even people who have seen it already think it's awful. It's just (in my opinion) a crappy idea at a time when i guess they were told to do something different. I can't imagine the regular muppet crew coming up with this idea so i guess input has come from somewhere else.

I know there are lots of people who wander around these forums hoping to god that everything is great, especially when things look dodgy. In this case i think we will be doing the JHC peeps a favor by slating this mess so that the suits don't commision any more of the lemons. Lets face it - its not the classic muppets, it's not the kermit we all know and love - at a time when we don;t get enough of the classic muppets why are they wasting their time with this ?

I know as good little muppet fans we should be reserving our judgement till we actually see it but c'mon, unless people are serious hardcore collectors (ie :- would buy Muppet toilet seats) then they would be out of their froggin minds if they bought this video, unless of course they have a 3 year old at home.

If it looks like a Turkey, Smells like a Turkey and acts like a Turkey - then chances are it ain't a chicken !!!!!! ;-)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

Come on, dude. I think it's unfair to label me a blinded Henson advocate when I have been so vocal about mismanagement of their interactive media, marketing department and recent projects like Jack and Muppets From Space (which I all but completely pan).

Mod or not, I speak my mind. I may hold back sometimes, but you can be assured that I will certainly shoot straight with you. BTW - the mod thing is much more an honorary position as MC pretty much runs itself. I just tend to help people out when they seem to need it and not really much at that.

I also think it is incredibly unfair to critique a film before it comes out. I don't care if it's quacking "Howard the Duck", you have not seen one piece of media on the videopic and it isn't right to dismiss the film prematurely. It is entitled to a chance. I mean, really...

As for me, I am certainly skeptical and the pitch doesn't excite me much, but I'll reserve judgment until I see the whole thing with my own eyes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that there are some pictures of the puppets on the pics from Muppet Fest. Yer, they could get Rawlf to be there before Kermit comes into the scene or somthing. I can't wait to see Stadler and Waldorf YOUNGER. Imagine it! With no Pace Makers to make jokes (BAD ONES I'LL ADMIT) about. But they can be in it anyway, he dosen't meet them in Muppet Movie, and he had to have meet them somewhere, before he invited? them to watch the muppet show. Pitty that the Electric Mayhem can't easilly be in it though. Do you think it will have "Why are There so Many Songs About Rainbows"???

Life goes on, Most of the time!
Beauregard

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beauregard-

The fest pics only cover Kermit and not the other characters, but I'm sure we'll see some soon. There's apparently some commercial floating around.

By the way - I must make spelling corrections when it comes to the Muppets - it's Rowlf (not Rawlf) and Statler (not Stadler). I make many misspellings myself, but I get weird about the Muppets. LOL!

I hope The Rainbow Connection is featured in the film and it would have been cool if they snuck the Electric Mayhem in there somewhere. Muppet Movies have been all about the cameos anyway. Who would guess the cameos would be the Muppets themselves in this one. Weirdness.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry about the speling.:frown: I'm not very good at spelinghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. Is somthing spelt wrong here??

I hope they get lots of cameos in. It would be good if they could get Sweetums in.

Do you think they will have Bernie? the Aligater (bet I spelt that wrong too) in it from the begining of the Muppet Movie?

Life goes on, Most days,
Bearegard

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beauregard

Actually Arnie is the name of the alligator and Bernie is the name of the agent in The Muppet Movie, but many people get that wrong. I only know that because I've seen the film like 200 times in my life. LOL! I think it would be cool if Arnie made an appearance, though!

Don't worry about the spelling - I was just pointing it out because you kept misspelling the same names and I thought you'd like to know. I misspell stuff all the time.

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie

Sorry i wasn't labelling you a blinded Henson advocate - i was talking generally about people who seem to walk around blindly and think everythings great. As for the mod thing - what you said (the faith thing) just sounded like an unintentional 'soundbyte' so i was only joking. I know you certainly do share your true opinions about Henson stuff.

As for critiquing a film before it's released - well unfortunately thats showbiz and it happens all the time. Everyone went to see Phantom Menace knowing that Jar Jar Binks was a Turkey.

There was a puppet guy here who had seen a rough cut of KSY and i also know people who have seen the EPK tape. All have basically implied or i have gotten the impression that it stinks, but then again i guess this is one Muppet video that is REALLY meant for kids, and not the adult/kids mixed audience that TMS had.

I actually think it's incredibly clever of the Henson people to keep it under wraps like this. If they do have a turkey on their hands and it's nothing like you would expect from the Muppets then if they make the whole thing as cloudy as possible they can get sales from Muppet fans buying it up thinking they are going to see something 'Classic Muppety' (like Baby Gonzo, Piggy, Fozzie in it as well).

Anyway thankfully this is a video release and not theater otherwise Henson would likely be getting another slamming in the media. I'm not so sure they could take another MFS panning. I do hope when people have seen it they are truthful about what they thought. We owe it to the Henson folks to give them honest feedback - being a Muppet site people seem to hold back a lot desperately struggling to find the positives when doing reviews and things.

I have much more faith in the new classic muppet projects (TV Movie & Series). They seem to look ok and have a good team behind them - just as long as the networks don't mess too much inserting totally lame guest stars. Seeing as they'll likely have Kermit out doing guest spots on the TV circuit for the KSY release - i hope that the public don't remember too much about it (IF it was a Turkey) when it comes to them doing publicity for the newer projects.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

It was already said that Arnie the Alligator is definetely in Kermits Swamp Years !

See ya