Kermit'T'Frog

wulster

Reaction score
Hey all, here is where I am at with my quest to build my own Kermit. After lots of test puppets this was the last one I put together. Lightly based on the version of the puppet that I remember as a child with the longer head and double neck and tried to get the older look with the cloth. I am reasonably happy with this one...still want one that looks like the current TV used puppet so if anyone wants to trade patterns..i would be up for that.

This guy has looped inner mouth plates, inner lining and a black sleeve cover stitched inside that pulls out and over green arm if required. He has arm rods that can be removed or swivelled around to the back for a seated version, he also has plated feet with eyelets for attaching feet rods, his eyes are glossed (just felt pupils atm drilling failed...will try next time) I think I may have placed the eyes too far forward...not sure.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
This has got to be the closest thing to the Hey Cinderella/first season Sesame Street Kermit I've seen. I don't see many people take on specific older versions of these characters (and so nicely either!) and although I am no expert on puppet building, I think it's just amazing! :smile:

wulster

Reaction score
Made some alterations to the head, reshaped the body plug, replaced the arms stuffing with shaped foam inserts, added black sleeve attached to the inner lining that can tuck inside or pull up and over the green sleeve, added new legs giving him a more shaped thigh and calf.

Still want to add a little thin foam into the head to point it up more, tested it with stuffing and it made it look better but need to find some thin foam. Getting there now, still not completely happy with this one but will leave it another couple of weeks to look at it with fresh eyes again.

Just remember this is not based on the current Kermit, it is more a mix of some of my favourite parts from various versions. When I am finally happy with this dude ill most likely do a current one though I am pretty sure they have mixed up some of the current puppets as the one in the new tv show has a noticeable blemish where a removed Constantine mole has been.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Made some alterations to the head, reshaped the body plug, replaced the arms stuffing with shaped foam inserts, added black sleeve attached to the inner lining that can tuck inside or pull up and over the green sleeve, added new legs giving him a more shaped thigh and calf.

Still want to add a little thin foam into the head to point it up more, tested it with stuffing and it made it look better but need to find some thin foam. Getting there now, still not completely happy with this one but will leave it another couple of weeks to look at it with fresh eyes again.

Just remember this is not based on the current Kermit, it is more a mix of some of my favourite parts from various versions. When I am finally happy with this dude ill most likely do a current one though I am pretty sure they have mixed up some of the current puppets as the one in the new tv show has a noticeable blemish where a removed Constantine mole has been.

Hey, great looking Kermit puppet. Nice to see another UK fan and builder on here too.
Where is that picture from that you use as your avatar?? I've not seen that pic before??
Thanks
Chris

wulster

Reaction score
Hey, great looking Kermit puppet. Nice to see another UK fan and builder on here too.
Where is that picture from that you use as your avatar?? I've not seen that pic before??
Thanks
Chris
Thanks, it is a work in progress as usual. At this point I think I can see in the one I have done now, what is needed to change to make it better again..need to wait till I can get some proper fleece.

The photo is one of several deconstructed muppet pictures mostly of Kermit taken back in the day by a Henson employee whom is no longer with us. They may be available elsewhere...I have not seen them anywhere before but I have to apologise I don't have contact with anyone to get permission from to share them. If these are unknown pictures and you can work out what you want to ask about them from the wee pic there then id be happy to analyse and answer what I can. every so often ill change my profile pic to another one.

wulster

Reaction score
UPDATE 1:

Couple of pics of my Kermit along with a great robin puppet I got in a trade from a new friend on these boards. Thanks m8 :wink:
The Kermit has been modified a little since the last pics but as it is not on a hand you can't really tell, but I felt it is improved a little.

UPDATE 2:

Used some of my scraps from the above Kermit to fling this one together based on the latest modification to my custom pattern. For fun made it a Constantine.
I feel the head is going closer to a more modern Kermit and I am fairly happy with the body now.
As usual the eyes are nothing special.. really need to get one of my dremils out of storage so I can made authentic eyes and grind the eye shape out.
Conclusion is I feel I am close enough to try and source some decent antron, take all ive learned building these and make a proper one.

CowbellaPiggy

Reaction score

adorable Kermie thighs & tummy!
and I almost melted when I saw little Robin leaning on his beloved uncle!

if you have any old, practice versions of Kermie & Robin (not perfect enough to sell, seams showing, not right fabric/color, etc.), could you let me adopt them for a meager adoption/transport fee? please read my profile then let me know :smile: thanks! I love both Kermie & Robin so much

wulster

Reaction score
adorable Kermie thighs & tummy!
and I almost melted when I saw little Robin leaning on his beloved uncle!

if you have any old, practice versions of Kermie & Robin (not perfect enough to sell, seams showing, not right fabric/color, etc.), could you let me adopt them for a meager adoption/transport fee? please read my profile then let me know :smile: thanks! I love both Kermie & Robin so much
I did have a few test puppets at various stages, when I get time ill open up the storage and see what I didn't totally scrap and let you know.