Kid Doesn't Recognize Big Bird

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Feh. Kids are stupid. When I went to the Jim Henson exhibit at the MOMI, one kid asked which one was Bert and which one was Ernie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Feh. Kids are stupid. When I went to the Jim Henson exhibit at the MOMI, one kid asked which one was Bert and which one was Ernie.
To be fair they're not exactly a priority on the show anymore. :stick_out_tongue: That's why I only intend to show my kids the old school DVDs, lol.

SSLFan

Reaction score
My first initial reaction: "What the [censored]?!"

BUT, after reading the article, well it's clear this kid (at first) didn't watch alot of SS. Fair.

Then after awhile it seems she did watch the show from time to time and just referred to the Bird as "Elmo". So I guess that just brings me back to my first reaction (see above).

I never thought it could happen, but it has, Lol.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Eh, I hate when that happens. Is it sad though, that I get Statler and Wardlof mixed up alot? :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Little kids think everything is Elmo. Like I said before, I wore a T-Shirt of this guy:

When the Third one came out, mind you...

And the kid STILL thought it was Elmo. Granted, it was an all face shirt.

This report really doesn't say how old the kid is... can't be older than 3. Kids really can't grasp character differences that young since they JUST started getting impressions of their family like a year and a half earlier.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
NOOOOO!!!!!

Blasted Elmo loving fans are replacing the good fans of the oldschool era and are replacing the minds of what used to be good Sesame Street stories. :wisdom:

Thank goodness most of this upcoming season focuses on Cookie Monster, so that shows some Old School love right there with a mixture of new school. :insatiable:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Let's not jump to conclusions now. It must have been a really young kid, like Drtooth said. In fact, my brother used to think Diddy Kong was Curious George, and he was about 5 or 6 at that time! :big_grin:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, Drtooth and mr3urious are probably right. This kid couldn't have been that old. I remember a 1 or 2 year old seeing a Minnie Mouse magnet and thinking it was Mickey Mouse. Okay, that might not be the best example, but you get the point.