Kids' shows nowadays

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In one version of the script, it was supposed to have a payoff as the thing that got Tex to laugh.
And if they had done that I would have personally picketed this movie at every single theater in this country! :mad: :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And if they had done that I would have personally picketed this movie at every single theater in this country! :mad: :wink:
No because that meant it served a purpose and was a plot point. Anything offensive, gross, or in other ways overused, if used correctly can work.

Still, the consumption of feces in The first Chipmunks movie and Hop are absolutely the least tasteful thing in children's films today.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No because that meant it served a purpose and was a plot point. Anything offensive, gross, or in other ways overused, if used correctly can work.
I just don't agree. It's not Muppet humor.

beaker

Reaction score
You mean you thought that was the best part?
Gosh no...I mean to me part of the film works wonders, is visionary, magical...the whole opening(AMAZING) with walter telling the audience why he's a lifelong fan...the pictures in my head(AMAZING), Fozzie in Reno(BRILLIANT!), the kermit/piggy grownup discussion in Paris(Well written), finally seeing the Muppet show opening on the big screen(FAINTS) but then there was so much that I felt dropped the ball or just didnt work/felt out of place for me

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just don't agree. It's not Muppet humor.
Think of it this way...

I could imagine the scene being just when they're forced to leave the theater after the tally's decimal point is realized. It's a somber realization, but Fozzie's still behind the stage trying to get those shoes off. Tex snarls at him, and a very dejected Kermit motions for Fozzie to leave. But as soon as he starts walking, a loud Whoopie Cushion sound is heard. An apologetic Fozzie raises his head in shame, a deafening silence fills the room... I'd imagine Hobo Joe would say "This is a bit too low class for Hobo Joe" (who then lets out a loud disgusting cough)... Tex freezes, everyone freezes and looks at Tex, who for the first time ever started to smirk, then snorts, and is the ONLY one in the theater who starts laughing thunderously. An annoyed Piggy says "THAT'S WHAT it took him to LAUGH?!? THAT?!?"

So the joke, how I see it, isn't so much "ooh! Hey, Fart!" but rather it took the stupidest and most juvenile thing in the world to get someone who never was able to laugh to break out. Of course, I don't see how that would have worked with the reveal being that they're supposed to walk out there, still depressed to millions of fair weather fans...

Still, the ending needed something, and I wonder if that would have bulked it up.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can see that working with other franchises, I just don't see what connection that has to the Muppets.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Fozzie is desperate and will try anything?

Horrid "fart jokes" are common in kids movies for a cheap laugh. Maybe Fozzie thinks that since it "works" in those movies, maybe it will work for him.

Bearin mind I still haven't seen the movie and probably wont until it comes on dvd

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see that working with other franchises, I just don't see what connection that has to the Muppets.
It wasn't in the film, though... so it's a moot point. Like how Oogie Boogie was actually Dr. Finklestine in NBX... just a small alternate gag line.

Horrid "fart jokes" are common in kids movies for a cheap laugh. Maybe Fozzie thinks that since it "works" in those movies, maybe it will work for him.
It works on that level. Fozzie's always VERY behind in humor techniques. The Shrek movies killed the fart joke, so much in fact the last film in the franchise didn't even have one. Still, it doesn't matter how, it really seems the end of the movie needed to be beefed up a little. Maybe have the bowling ball bonking Tex in the head and coming to in the Hospital BEFORE Gary proposed...