1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kimmel Editorial: A Note from Steve Whitmire

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Steve Whitmire sent us a wonderful note in response to Nik's Jimmy Kimmel editorial. He wanted it shared with everyone on the site, so here it is.

And if you haven't seen it, here's Nikolas' editorial. He attended the Monday taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/editorials/kimmel.shtml
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thats so cool that he sent an email to MC. Does that mean he was doing Ernie's segments on Sesame Street? I saw an episode where Telly uses the computer in the Fix-it-Shop, but wait a minute, I thought its no longer the Fix-it-Shop. Its a mail carrier in the new season. Do they still call it that or what?
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

A lot of cast and crew probably still call it the Fix-It-Shop out of habbit. It re-opened as the Mail-It-Shop at the beginning of season 33.
  4. NikZane

NikZane Member

Wow! Thanx Steve, I'm so touched :excited:

Em and I had so much fun at the Kimmel gig, we were both kicking ourselves that we didn't say hi... and are even more so now. D'oh! Most importantly, we wanted to say thanx, just to let you know there were a couple of (and I'm sure many more) really appreciative Muppet fans in the audience that night - which was the least we could do for the wonderful performance you gave us.

I'm just thankful that Muppet Central is here, that Phillip allowed me the opportunity to provide an editorial, and that the message did eventually get through to you anyway.

--
    Off on a tangent, Em and I went past the JHC on N. La Brea in Hollywood yesterday, just to see it. For anyone who hasn't seen it: from the street it looks like such a lovely group of buildings, almost like an old english town, with a big gated fence, a nice "The Jim Henson Company" arch over the entrance and a huge Kermit-in-Tuxedo statue, standing on one of the entrance towers, holding a cane and tipping his hat to the world below.

We couldn't help but imagine as we stood on the street outside, all the Muppets running frantically around inside, like a backstage scene from an episode of TMS. Heh. I have no idea if there are even studios at the N. La Brea venue, or if they're just offices, but to us it was nice just seeing what looked like a little Muppet town, right in the middle of Hollywood.

Our camera phone doesn't take the best pics, particularly without having a zoom, but here's a couple of little photos anyway:
    JHC01, JHC02, JHC03
  5. NikZane

NikZane Member

Oh, I forgot to mention... isn't it nice to know Steve pops in to check out Muppet Central once in a while too! :)

(and possibley others from the JHC too I guess... "Hi guys! Keep up the great work! ;)")
  6. Smy Guiley

Smy Guiley New Member

Cool! I'm on a Mac! I knew I wasn't stupid!

heh heh

later
    eric
  7. NikZane

NikZane Member

You're definitely not alone Eric :)

(he says whilst typing into his PowerBook)
  8. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Back a day for sweeps, eh? that's a good sign! What week is sweeps week? Not a fan of Kimmel, but I'll watch just about anything to watch Muppets!

this has got to be the greatest fan site by a long shot! To actually know that what you're typing is being seen is pretty darn cool!

so, phil...how does it feel to get an e-mail like that?
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

wow this place really works. i thought the stuff we were saing was all in vaine. Hey what is the e mail for the fix it shop? i would love to e mail them. :)
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

"Keep up te c-great work" i.e Sneaking around on MC!!!
  11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

it's not sneaking if he signs the letter ;)
  12. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

It's so nice to know that Henson Peeps are watching us on the odd occasion.
    I bet we freak them out a lot though what with Steve's Hair fan club, Those who want to borrow Bill and steal Dave's Glasses.
    Be at ease Muppeteers we mean you no harm, restraining orders are not needed
    :)
    Jamie
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

LOL. Fun-ie
  14. jediX

jediX Active Member

There's a fan club to his hair?? lol
  15. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Jedix,
    It's a long long story. There are people who love Steve here, but aint keen on the locks, there are others who think Steve's hair suits him just fine *like me*
    It was a jest at the obsessiveness and true devotion of many of us towards the Muppeteers

Jamie
  16. jediX

jediX Active Member

lol, I don't know why it would bother anybody. Back in the TMS days virtually all of em' had long hair. How long Steve's is now, I don't know. I havn't seen a recent picture.

Sheesh....why am I talking about his hair lol.
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

It was a club created (as many MC clubs are) by Emmy and Jackie long, long ago.

I'd forgot about the Steve Hair Club!

JediX, if you check out the pics from MuppetFest! in the MC Articles section, you'll see pics of him on stage with Kermit and Bean!

FOZ
  18. jediX

jediX Active Member

Another funny thing...the only Muppeteer I've ever heard the normal voice of is Jim. lol... anyone know of a time when Frank Oz talked normally?
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yes, but I don't remember where...might it have been dark crystal dvd? yes, I think that's it!
  20. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Have you ever seen the blues brothers ?
    If yes then you must have heard it