King Kong the Musical: Featuring giant King Kong Puppet

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Hello boys and girls..how is everyone...as many of you know my puppetry world has recently opened to stage Puppetry. i did Avenue Q and Little Shop of Horrors...and always looking for a new show...this popped up in my world its only overseas right now but i am LOVING this giant puppet..check out the article

this puppet for its giant size has some amazing facial movements...i hope to someday be luck to see it

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/6/21/incredible-king-kong-puppet-made-for-stage-play.html

Reaction score
This is an Australian production (so proud!) and is coming to the US soon i hear! It's a huge blockbuster over here, they had a "making of" type show on the puppetry of it and it takes 13 people to move Kong. 2 people per arm; one in each fist for when he stomps the stage, 1 for the facial movements and 1 for the voice (grunts) and a few for the body, legs etc.

Hopefully you'll see it in the USA soon, it looks spectacular!

muppetperson

Reaction score
The Show is down in Melbourne at the moment. Another interesting stage show here at the moment is War House, with very realistic puppet horse movement.

Reaction score
No I haven't seen King Kong unfortunately! I'm on a tight (newborn baby) budget! Ha ha!! It's a big success I hear though. I also heard after doing only a few shows they upgraded the facials expressions and lots of reviews said its made a huge difference. I'm yet to read anything negative about it. Hopefully my husband will treat me to it before it leaves for the USA!!!