1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Kira Being Presented

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Amanda Taylor, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor Active Member

I am still so curious about something in that scene in the Dark Crystal.
    Why was Skeksil reluctant to give Kira away at first?
    Did he want her has his personal slave like the gelflings in the past
    or something?

2. That is a good question ... I never actually noticed that before. I always thought that skekSil wanted to make sure the prophecy came to pass. That's my opinion though. He thought Jen was dead, so Kira was the only living Gelfling at this point. And if you watch after Jen heals the crystal it sounds like skekSil is laughing joyously....but then ... here's a quote from the World Of the Dark Crystal that might clear things up. "I could perhaps now tell whether he souight to restore his fallen state among the Skeksis by betraying the Gelfling to them, or to destroy the Skeksis and the Dark Crystal together. Who does not know of his infamy? Who can look into his twisted heart?" Two ways of looking at it. I hope this helps.

3. Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor Active Member

AKA the world will never know. LOL