Knock Knock

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Hello there, I've just joined this form after many weeks of browsing around and have found people who are kind and filled with muppet information! lol.

I love the Muppets, have done for many number of years, but my requent watching got subdued due to a fanscination with another television programme "Doctor Who" but slowly and surely I am coming back to the Muppets.

Though my main focus for posting in the Puppetry forum is, of course, about puppetry and puppet building in general. I noticed alot of people have made replica Muppets but all the links I found didn't work at all! Maybe there should be a gallery for all these replica muppets.

Really liked Pdbooch's go at Gonzo, but I think bezalel's one was much closer.... I think the neck is alittle wide too. There's mention of someone doing a Beaker, but alas those links don't work! I'd really like to see a Beaker replica... tried one in the past... didnt get as far as buying the felt.

Now, I want to make puppets but I am a complete beginner with it all, so do bear stupidity and silly questions. I am looking at making a puppet of myself for a short film I have in mind. I watched that episode of "Angel" called "Smile Time" and I am going to base it around that style of human puppet/muppet. Anyone got any ideas? Any recommendations for materials? Any doubts about this being the wrong way to start? Anything! I want to know!

I hope to get to know each and everyone of you, you all sound so nice! lol. And I look forward to showing and displaying any puppets I may or may not build!

Thanks,
David.
http://welcome.to/damfilms

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
G'day mate & welcome to our forum.I'm Diana aka JaniceFerSure.I've been here almost 4 months.It's my home away from home.I've been into the Muppets,since around 1973,give or take a few years.I haven't had any experience with puppet building myself,sorry can't help you there. But if you have any questions about anything else muppety,songs,episodes,characters,etc...I'll try to help you,and the majority of people at the forum are always happy to help out here at MC.Welcome to our little universe.

:: pulling you up a chair and handing you a cuppa tea ::

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've written two articles that might be helpful if you haven't already seen them - A guide to puppet building resources that includes lists of books, patterns, videos and web sites with puppet building information as well as The Tumbles P. Bear Project which is a tutorial on my approach to puppet building.

There's tons of information here, try searching the forum for whatever subject you want to know about. If that doesn't work then just start a new thread.

Welcome! :smile:

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Cheers for the greeting. I hope to have alot of fun here. If I have a muppet question I'll surely ask you Janice!

Thanks for the links Buck, I'll look into those. Watching everybody's vids and seeing pictures makes me wanna get to it straight away! I just know whether to replica a puppet or try something original first! Beaker would be a good start? Fairly simple?

David.

thatonekid

Reaction score
robinthecrow said:
Cheers for the greeting. I hope to have alot of fun here. If I have a muppet question I'll surely ask you Janice!

Thanks for the links Buck, I'll look into those. Watching everybody's vids and seeing pictures makes me wanna get to it straight away! I just know whether to replica a puppet or try something original first! Beaker would be a good start? Fairly simple?

David.
I think (and i know i say this to often) that you should start with an original puppet. It seems to me that you would get more satisfaction from making your own original puppet. But i think that if you were going to make a replica, beaker would be a good start. :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*opens door* helloooooo???

oh ok! WELCOME TO MUPPET CENTRAL!!!!