Kubo and the Two Strings

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait... Live-action version of The Little Mermaid? Must have been influenced by the positive reaction of the inclusion of Ariel and Eric in Once Upon a Time's third season's first half, coupled with Ursula in the fourth season's second half which I completely missed out on. Man, I rully miss not having Filmforce as a movie news source any longer. Okay, so if TLM and James&Giant Peach are legit, add Night on Bald Mountain (which seems to have very little forward movement), then all I'm missing is live-action versions of Hunchback and Nightmare Before Christmas and I'd be perfectly content with that quintet. Anything else after that, meh. *Shrugs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait... Live-action version of The Little Mermaid? Must have been influenced by the positive reaction of the inclusion of Ariel and Eric in Once Upon a Time's third season's first half, coupled with Ursula in the fourth season's second half which I completely missed out on.
Are you kidding? Disney's been doing live-action remakes/sequels/prequels to their old animated classics for a while now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, Beauty and the Beast is the next big one scheduled for next year (2017). Just hadn't heard about a TLM live-action conversion, like I said above, no longer plugged to Filmforce for movie news headline updates. :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Little Mermaid is a nobrainer for them to attempt. Ariel is still a popular princess, and that film was the film that brought back Disney's animated film department (because, you know, Oliver and Company and Great Mouse Detective apparently didn't count). James and the Giant Peach just.... it wasn't even a massive hit. Cult hit maybe, but it did barely 30 Mil at the box office. You'd think after Pete's Dragon failed to capture audiences, they'd stay away from remaking films that didn't do so hot in the first place.

mr3urious

Reaction score
JatGP could work if it were more accurate to the book (like including the Silkworm, or the gang's encounter with the Cloud Men), but I highly doubt that seeing as the others specifically remade the Disney films.