Labeling April Fools threads

matleo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

In the past, MC has always done a good job of labeling the April Fools threads after the day is done with. Was hoping we could toss some of those on a lotta the phony news threads that are out there.

Thanks in advance.

--Matleo

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you'll illustrate and illuminate me, maybe we can get right down to it and do it.
Forgive me Chapman Phillip, wherever you are.":cool: :big grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't catch any April Fool's threads yesterday. I might want to look through the board again once their properly labeled so they'll be easier to find. It would be nice to see what all I missed.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Lol, I remember one from a few years ago. This one guy posted something like, "MUPPETS ARE FOR BABIES! ANYONE WHO LIKES THEM ARE DUMB!" and I just completely lost it. I flipped on the poor guy. Other people were sayin, "Dude, it's a joke. Take it easy." .......One of my stranger moments here at MC....:smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh my, is that thread still around?
:embarrassed:

Oh, I see what you mean by labeling threads now Matt. At first I thought you meant when the thread was first created and I thought, well wouldn't that ruin the point? Hmmm, I'll have to look for that. I know we've had a few good ones over the years, but I've never seen any of them labeled as April Fools.

matleo

Reaction score
my memory is that any fake news was labeled as such. It's possible that they don't do it anymore and I just haven't noticed , but I think after April Fool's Day it's a kind of annoying to see threads for news that isn't real especially since a lot of people come here for their Muppet news.

Personally, I don't find the humor in spreading rumors but that's just me.

Anyway, Count, I noticed that someone caught the Sesame/Koch records one. There are two others that are out there.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=37350

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=37344

Thanks, matleo

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And in addition to those, there is the april fools thread "Horrid news! Disney cancles Muppet Show Season Three" and my own "2008 and 2009: the years of Sesame Street box sets" (I might be a bit off on exact titles).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Phil tagged the Koch Records thread as an example. There are threads out there to tag as AF, but due to home modem troubles I haven't tended to them yet. Rest assured the matter will be resolved by MC's fine staff of penguin mods and monkey writers.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These have been updated. If there are any others, please post links to the threads here and we'll get them updated as well.