Labyrinth & DC at Newport Beach FilmFest

Stulz

Reaction score
There’s a Jim Henson Retrospective Saturday 4/23/05 as part of the Newport Beach Film Festival. The Henson family will be there and they are showing Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and other surprises.

http://www.newportbeachfilmfest.com/index.php

Schedule for the day:
http://filmguide.newportbeachfilmfe...=23&Month=04&Year=2005&Venue=ALL&Category=ALL

Any fans from LA, Orange County, San Diego and elsewhere planning on going?

I know I'll be there, it's taling place right across the street from my apartment!

:eek:

Stulz

Reaction score
Wow

:confused:

I'm surprised no one was intersted in this. It'll be interesting to see what the turn out is, espcially since some of the Henson family will reportably be in attendence.

:eek:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm very interested, just nowhere near the necessary location.

duderguy

Reaction score
Good time...

Hey you guys seemed interested, so i thought sinse i was there i'd mention the experience. First of all seeing Labyrinth on the big screen was even better than imagined. It was made for that screen. Iv'e seen that movie so many times and yet, because the screen was was SO gigantic i picked on so many little things i never saw before.

As a pre show they played a a handful of Jims original independant short films. It was my first time seeing a few of them. Heather Henson introduced Labyrinth, and Brian appeared afterword to accept a certicicate of honor that the film festival had given, declaring the day will offically be known from now on as "Jim Henon Day." I had another engagment to go to so i couldn't stay for DC screening. The theatre was only about half full at the Labyrinth screening. They had 50th aniversary cake afterwords, it was fun. I enjoyed myself very much and caught up with an old muppetfest pal which..... i seem to have misplaced his card.... email me buddy!

THE DUDE IS OUT

MATT

Chilly Down

Reaction score
That's awesome, Matt! Thanks for the update.

I know you're in Chicago...how'd you make it down to L.A. for that?

duderguy

Reaction score
Actually i need to update my profile. I live in Los Angeles now. :smile:

MATT