Labyrinth Premeire

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I wasn't lucky enough to see Labyrinth when it first came out, was anyone able to and will they describe the experience please?

edible eye

Reaction score
I was eight but it was great!

I was 8 when Labyrinth came out. I remember seeing the ads for it on TV and begging my dad to take me. I was a huge Dark Crystal fan already and this looked even better. There weren't a lot of people at the theatre and I sat up close to the screen (as I liked to do as a kid.) I remember falling in love with David Bowie when he first appears through the window. The Firerys also made a big impression on me. I kept telling my mom about the big red monster who pulled out his eyes and swallowed them! The details of the plot kinda faded away until I rewatched it when I was 14. I'd like to see it on the big screen again!

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
My life would be complete if they re-released labyinth in cinemas >_<
i mean, the pants... only...
...bigger...
LOL

SlamPot

Reaction score
As I worked on the puppets for the film, I was invited to a closed preview, but as a non-celeb I didn't go to the premiere.
It was an amazing experience, but I remember thinking - "Wait a minute, that owl is computer generated (nobody said CGI then), not a puppet! It looks bloody good! We could be in trouble here!"
Still a very good movie, and I think it stands the test of time.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I saw it in December 1986 (I was 13). I was already a huge DARK CRYSTAL fan so I was very excited it is finally in cinemas!
I went with a school friend at the afternoon showing in the Cinema "Plaza" in Basel, Switzerland. We were the only people in the whole cinema!

We immediately loved the movie and after the credits we decided to wait for the next showing. So we managed to see the movie twice for the price of one ticket :smile:

All in all I saw the movie 4 times in the theatre. They only showed LABYRINTH for 5 weeks, so I wasn't able to see it more :smile:

PS: Sorry my bad English...