Labyrinth prequel update

Rachael

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long it's been there, but I've just seen that amazon have a plot synopsis for the upcoming Labyrinth prequel graphic novel by Archaia -

Archaia and The Jim Henson Company are proud to present an original prequel to Jim Henson’s classic fantasy film. Labyrinth is one of Jim Henson's most beloved works, with a built-in audience of millions of fans worldwide. Years before Sarah entered the labyrinth, a young boy named Jareth faced his own incredible journey in a desperate attempt to rescue his true love from the clutches of the wicked and beautiful Goblin Queen. This graphic novel is produced under the complete supervision of Lisa Henson, the daughter of the late Jim Henson and CEO of the Jim Henson Company.

I've always felt that Jareth is something of an elemental force and has always been the ruler of the Labyrinth. I'm open to different interpretations though so look forward to seeing how Archaia handle this. I'm curious to see what Jareth's 'true love' is like - I'd be intrigued if she turns out to be Sarah 1.0.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can't wait. Even if it doesn't have any elements from RTL, it's clear Jareth is looking for something, something specific, in a heart. I wonder if this will show us what it is. :smile: