Labyrinth Prop Book

Smeem

Reaction score
Hi,

New here. . .

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the red book "Labyrinth" from the movie?

I was hoping that it was released as a registered prop. . .

Or something. . .

Thanks,
Melissa

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I would imagine if it existed, which I don't think it does, it'd be here:

http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/movie.htm

That's just the commercial stuff. I don't know if someone might have the actual movie prop ... I also don't know if it'd actually have words in it either.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Never seen an original prop available. But there are some fan made ones. I saw one on Ebay a while ago.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
IIRC, it says "The Labyrinth". You can see the title better when she starts reading it in the Junkyard Bedroom. As long as it's not that novel I read on the internet, because that seemed a bit like they took all the fun out of it.

BridieBunny

Reaction score
IIRC, it says "The Labyrinth". You can see the title better when she starts reading it in the Junkyard Bedroom. As long as it's not that novel I read on the internet, because that seemed a bit like they took all the fun out of it.
Ah I'm le idiot for I am blind. To me in that picture I put up it didnt look like it said "The Labyrinth" but heh. ^_^

What novel did you read on the internet? What was that like? xxx :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
There once was a novelization of the movie,
It's out of print 'cause no one thought it was groovy,
Take out all the songs and add some trippy scenes,
Then make the Fierys dark and boring.

At least that's my interpretation of it. It pays a little more detail to some of the implications in the movie (like how we only know her mother left for a star from her scrapbook, but the book mentions it outright), completely rewrites whole sections of it, draws out the Fiery scene for far too long (I felt like tearing off heads by the end of the scene).

But there are people who like it, IIRC. It's just not for me. I kept reading thinking I could have done better.

Search the internet for the Labyrinth novelization. A text file is floating out there somewhere. I know it's been linked to a few times on imdb.com's forums for the Labyrinth.