1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Last Book you Read Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chestermcdragon, Sep 15, 2005.

1. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Well the last book, I totally finished reading was "The Death Of WCW", which is about a huge wrestling company that look like it was going to become the biggest wrestling company in history, only to go down with a mix of bad mangement and bad decisions.

At the moment, I'm reading a book titled "Nine Lives", it's about a woman that has nine jobs in a year. It's an old book I found in "Goodwill" and I was just looking for something to read. She's been a roadie for the rock band "Skid Row", a stripper, a school teacher and many other things. So far it seems interesting.
  2. Brinatello

Brinatello New Member

I don't know why, but I recently flipped through an old grade school type book called "Alone in the House" by Edmund Plante. We really need to go through our books and decide what goes and what stays. :rolleyes:
  3. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Last book I read? That would be "The Samurai's Daughter," a murder mystery by Sujata Massey. Good book.

I've actually read it a few times; the last time I read it was this afternoon. I love mysteries more than any other type of fiction.
  4. DanceRevolution

DanceRevolution New Member

book

The Divinci Code
  5. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

The newest Jim Henson biography. It was okay. Jim Henson:The Works is still the best one.
  6. wes

wes Active Member

Has Anyone pre-order Kevin Clash's Book, it's on selves today i can wait to read it. I hope it is as good as Carroll Spinney book!
  7. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Last book I read was Chris Lemmon's memoir Twist of Lemmon.I hope to next read either: Dune(once again) or C.S. Haviland's Faith and Faeries.
  8. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah, I enjoyed that book, too. Pretty funny.
  9. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Here's my latest volume of Condensed Books

The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy
    In a town like Shancarrig where everyone, from Father Gunn to pub owner Johnny Finn, knows everyone else's business, it seems there can't be any surprises. After all, life is so predictable.
    Or is it? Who would suspect the local schoolteacher, Maddie Ross, of harbouring a secret and forbidden passion? Who would believe that Richard Hayes, the handsome heartbreaker, would finally fall in love? And who would guess the truth about the mysterious tragedy that casts a shadow over Leo Murphy's life? And what about the identity of Eddie Barton's new-found Scottish penfriend...
    In her superb new novel, Maeve Binchy weaves together the individual stories of the people of Shancarrig, proving above all that there are extraordinary tales to be found everywhere-if only you know where to look and how to listen.

The Ice by Louis Charbonneau
    They call it simply the Ice. To those who know Antarctica, that's the only name needed to describe the frozen continent at the bottom of the world.
    Yet to this harsh, forbidding place people still come: people like ornithologist Kathy McNeely, who is determined to track down the source of a mysterious oil spill; people like adventurer Brian Hurley, out to find gold and glory in a two-thousand kilometre dogsled run.
    Then there are the men from TERCO, the giant energy conglomerate.
    Their boss has his own secret plans for the Ice. And heaven help anyone who gets in his way.

Mrs.Washington and Horowitz, Too by Henry Denker
    There are two things a crusty old curmudgeon like Samuel Horowitz does not need: widows and babies. In that order. But Horowitz's former nurse and guardian angel, Mrs. Harriet Washington, knows that Horowitz is feeling lonely and useless.
    And widows and babies might be just the thing to bring him back to his old self.
    Now all she has to do is convince Samuel Horowitz!

All Around the Town by Mary Higgins Clark
    Laurie Kenyon had put her past behind her. The bad people who hurt her were gone. The pain was buried forever. She had forgotten it ever happened... Or so she thought. But Laurie is about to learn that the past can be a dangerous thing. It can come back to haunt you. Sometimes it can kill.
    Mary Higgins Clark at her breathtaking best.

I've come to really enjoy these special condensed anthologies. I'm into my next one right now. :D
  10. Beebers

Beebers New Member

I loved Copper Beech, love Binchy's work generally. Just finished DaVinci Code and am in the middle of Driving Through Cuba, by Carlos Gebler, a British citizen. It's a diaristic account of a three-month car trip he took east to west through Cuba and the insane experience it turned out to be. (Traveling, and just trying to live each day in any Communist country is primitive at best and harrowing at worst.) Excellent book.

:cool:
  11. PuppyLuver

PuppyLuver Member

I'm reading Treasure Island, and at some points I ask myself... "Where's Mr Bimbo?" Kidding!
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm stillr eading Kevin's wonderful book. His and Caroll's were so inspiring, I started my own memoir which I'll keep writing until I'm grown up.
  13. DeadZone

DeadZone New Member

Insomnia By Stephen King.
  14. PuppyLuver

PuppyLuver Member

I'm also rereading the guide for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... repeatedly.
  15. JJandJanice

Just last night I got done reading Kevin Clash's book "My Life as a Furry Red Monster": "What Being Elmo has taught me about Life, Love and Laughing out Loud."

It's a good read, although I would of like it more if he talked about his other Muppet characters he has performed (Hoots, Clifford, Leon and so on). Plus it would of been even way better if he had pictures with both him as a young inspringing puppeteer, and pictures with him and his Muppet characters. But overall it's a great book. As someone who is an inspringing puppeteer himself, it a really good book to read.

Also that book I was reading before titled "Nine Lives", I've pretty much drop that for Kevin's book. That book just wasn't really grabing my attention. Sorry to say, ;) :) .
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Here's my latest condensed books

Decider by Dick Francis
    It began at the open ditch jump in the fourth race.
    Sudden chaos-then tragedy.
    Now a series of disastrous incidents is plaguing the Stratton racecourse.
    And the chief suspects are the Strattons themselves, a powerful family caught in a complex tangle of intrigue and blackmail. Architect Lee Morris is fighting hard to save this grand old racecourse from further catastrophe. But can he save it-and himself-from the sinister Strattons?

Remember me by Mary Higgins Clark
    A sweet new baby, a month-long vacation in an intriguing old house on Cape Cod-for Menley Nichols there could hardly be a more perfect tonic as she struggles to recover from a terrible tragedy.
    Yet the old house seems alive with memories and dark secrets from the past-odd noises in the night, a sense of something...or someone...
    But surely Menley is only imagining things. For what harm could possibly befall her in such a wonderful place?

Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter
    Bob Lee Swagger is a hero and a patriot-and the best sniper to come out of the jungles of Veitnam. But he's sworn he will never kill again.
    Then a mysterious government agency convinces him to use his skill with a rifle one more time. It's a chance to settle an old score, a chance Swagger can't resist.
    Suddenly Bob Lee Swagger isn't a hero anymore.

And the Violins stopped Playing by Alexander Ramati
    When the Nazis occupied Poland, the Gypsies thought they were safe: they played music for the conquerors and told their fortunes, as Gypsies had done for generations.
    But Dymitr Mirga soon realized the Germans had sinister plans for his people.
    Their only hope was to escape over the mountains to unoccupied Hungary. But the elders would not listen to his warnings...

Another 4 great stories :)
  17. furryredmonster

furryredmonster New Member

I finished the book Glorious Appearing by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins a few days ago, which finishes that series.
    I'm not sure what I want to read next.
  18. RevTieDye

RevTieDye New Member

I can't stand how long since I've read a book for pleasure. Too busy. Aside from the Bible, I was last working my way through Asimov's Robots/Foundation Saga (the whole 20+ book storyline, story-chronologically, due to my obsessively linear mind.)

Also, working on Solaris by Stanisalw Lem. Man, didn't realize I was in such a Sci-Fi Rut.
  19. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I read the opening to: The End by Lemony Snicket,and Abundance at work.Also,started Faith and Fairies by C.S. Haviland.

The last book I read all the way through was X-Men 3: The Last Stand.
  20. JJandJanice

I've been reading a lot lately and spending some pretty big money on books about building puppets/performing puppets/ puppeteers/ puppetery, right now I have seven about that subject that very near and dear to my heart, with the book entitled "The Foam Book" on the way.

The last book I've read all though was "It's Not East Being Green and Other Things to Consider" filled with quotes from Jim Henson, the Muppets and others.

I found many of the quotes to be uplifting, it's a book that I will treasure for many years to come. Jim Henson is my idol in life and I try to learn from him as well as about him.