Last episode of Dinosaurs

P

Princeton

I just got off imdb.com and read that in the last ep, every character died. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I think it had something to do with the bunch-beetles' extinction due to the tearing down of a cider-poppy patch to make way for a factory. A rather grim way to end a series, but it fits in with the time period.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To ellaborate, the series ended like this:

It was a glorious day, the long celebrated Bunch Beetles returning to eat the creeper weeds that grow out of control. However, the last bunch beetle (and the Sinclair family) find out that the breeding grounds (the swamp) has been decimated, replaced with a factory that manufactures Wax fruit! So, Wesayso, being one step ahead, sends out deadly poison to kill the creeper weeds. This kills all the plants. So then, there is no food (Fran says, "We can't live on Ding dongs and Ho Hos!"), Wesayso does it again, rigging volcanoes to go off, in a poor attempt to make it rain, blocking out the sun, causing the ice age. Huddled together, the Sinclair family ends with Earl saying (naiively) that Dinosaurs have been around for hundred's of years, and they won't just disappear.

Very very very somber way to end a show, and teach us to be careful of our planet, but it did effectively end the series.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
That was a very dark way to end a puppet show.I remember when i was younger and saw that last episode me and my little sister were shocked and speachless we just sat their as the credits rolled blankly just staring at the air in front of us.A very sad and shocking day of my childhood.O well every good thing comes to a end.

Xerus

Reaction score
It was all Mr. Richfield's fault. The Weesayso company was the one who put a plastic fruit factory over the beetles' mating grounds in the first place. And Richfield also put Earl in charge of spraying all the plants and putting bombs in the volcanoes causing those endless snowstorms. And in the end, Richfield was busy counting all the money he made from everyone's suffering while he put all the blame on poor Earl.

Mr. Richfield always seems to get away with evil things on that show, and in the end, he got away with the ULTIMATE thing! :mad:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Well take in mind that earl is also gullable ,air headed, and also afraid of mr rich field.I mean rich feild could eat him,fire him,etc.And like any bully rich feild senses earls fear and uses it as a weapon against him.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
The last episode of Dinosaurs was definately one of the most bittersweet endings I've ever seen. But what more logical way to end a show about dinosaurs then to use a well believed theory about the extiniction of some of the greatest creatures on Earth. I was moved by this ending . . .it had so many messages in it that hit home. Dinosaurs is, by far, one of the best metaphors for humanity today.