Last movie you watched

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Last night we rented "War of the Worlds" and I gotta' say; WHOA! That was intense! I mean that was really awesome! I'm not a huge fan of Cruise since he went off to the funny farm, but the whole movie was just... wow.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Last evening watched "Jaws" (the original) again. Always a big pleasure. Then watched "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" again. I saw it about 20 years ago for my first time and this was my second viewing. Just as back then, I really didn't enjoy it so much. But I do think it was an outstanding movie. Just find it not so fun to watch because of the sadistic nurse and some other meanness from patients to each other and the coldness and meanness of the entire institutional staff in general. Nicholson is great in it and has a few funny lines though. And love that Charley Cheswick character!
I'm sure just about everyone who has seen it would agree that it is a great movie. But is there anyone else who also, like me, didn't really have fun while watching it?
An example of a movie from the other side of the coin (a movie that is not so good but provides some stupid funny humor is "Police Academy" [and the many sequels, which were even dumber]. "Cuckoo's Nest" was a much better made and acted movie. But I'd rather watch "Police Academy" in terms of having a good time. Interesting little paradox there. :stick_out_tongue:
Actually, it's kind of like "Schindler's List". I never saw that movie but my brother said it was excellent but that he would never wish to see it again because you feel so bad.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Watching 'World According to Garp'.Hello Ziffel,missed seeing you here at MC.I love Cuckoo's Nest,very well done movie.I love movies that challenge my emotions: 'Cuckoo's Nest' even 'Schindler's List' aka tear jerkers. I love any movie that makes me: laugh,cry,angry,etc..part of being human.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Will you still need me will you still feed me when I'm 64?!

Garp I saw in the theater in "82 and once or twice since then but not since the 80's. That'd be a fun one to rewatch. Rather bizarre at times but overall entertaining.

Hi Janice and thank you. As for "Cuckoo's Nest", I also enjoy movies that are tear jerkers (like the sleeper "Dominck and Eugene" is one of my all time favorrite dramas and is a tear jerker). But "Cuckoo's Nest" didn't make me cry at all. Rather, I had a kind of unpleasant and sick feeling throughout as we see how cold as dry ice Nurse Ratched and the staff in general are to the well being of the patients. When Billy commits suicide as a result of her cruel mind games and she says, "Well let's just get back to our normal routine" I wanted to reach in the tv set and grab her like McMurphy did!
I guess the thing is, I like serious movies and sad, tear jerker movies (both fictional and true story based) but I DON'T like too much sadism and people being mean. Like I thought "The Elephant Man" was a superb movie. But I don't ever wish to watch the scene again where the sadistic people torment the poor guy for about five minutes. That stuff really gets to me.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I agree with you and that scene from 'The Elephant Man' Ziffel.Other movies I watched this weekend:

• 'Dances with Wolves'
  • 'Home Alone'
  • 'The Great Race'
  • 'Three Men and a Baby'
  • 'Awakenings'

unclematt

Reaction score
I have seen Rent 4 times and I want to see it again. Is anyone else as addicted as I am? I love it.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i haven't seen it yet, but i heard it's good

last movie i saw was Back to the Future Part II

janicegroupie

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I have seen Rent 4 times and I want to see it again. Is anyone else as addicted as I am? I love it.
I absolutely love Rent! I've only seen it once so far but I would be so up to seeing it many more times. My friend bought me the soundtrack it is one of the best movie soundtracks ever.

BTW the last movie I saw was Harry Potter 4. It was my second time since my husband wanted to see it again on the ultrascreen. It's also a good movie but doesn't live up to Rent but he refuses to see that one with me.

superfan

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I'd love too, but I can barely afford to watch it once let alone four!! haha!

Watched Reality Bites last nite. Why do I love that movie?