Learn Something New Everyday Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just learned this about John Larroquette.

Larroquette was born in New Orleans and grew up in the Ninth Ward not far from the French Quarter. He played clarinet and saxophone through childhood and into high school, where he and some friends organized a band they called The N.U.D.E.L.E.S (The New Universal Demonstration for Love, Ecstasy and Sound).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Animated series that have an A-B format are meant to be like how double features were played in theaters: the stronger or more significant of the two is used as the 'A' segment of the episode, while the weaker of the two is usually saved as the 'B' segment (like B-movies, get it?) This is particularly true of educational shows like ARTHUR, where the segment with the main educational goal is used as the 'A' segment (and then discussed in "A Word From Us Kids"), while the segment that's more filler than anything is the 'B' segment.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Apparently it's some sort of a new slang term to describe something that sort of has a middle ground in between something . . . like if something's light-hearted and cutesy, yet not so sappy or sacchrine; or if something kind of dark and brooding, yet not so unsettling and horrific.
Errr... Twee has been a term in the LGBT community for years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, well, "hack" has been a term in the computer world for years, but it apparently now is a completely positive term for everyday life for whatever reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Billy the Exterminator has relocated to Canada and has a new show up there now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It turns out that Abigail Breslin had been raped, and I guess that may be why you never see her in anything anymore. :frown: :cry:

As horrible as that is, I wonder whatever happened to her brother Spencer - I remember he was in a few movies there for a while, then just disappeared just as Abigail's career was really growing.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It turns out that Abigail Breslin had been raped, and I guess that may be why you never see her in anything anymore. :frown: :cry:

As horrible as that is, I wonder whatever happened to her brother Spencer - I remember he was in a few movies there for a while, then just disappeared just as Abigail's career was really growing.
Oh wow. That's just very horrifying now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And to make matters ever worse, she had posted on the internet a lenghty explanation for the various reasons why she never reported her rape after some idiot had the audacity to post something to the extent that rape is only legit if it's reported.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
And to make matters ever worse, she had posted on the internet a lenghty explanation for the various reasons why she never reported her rape after some idiot had the audacity to post something to the extent that rape is only legit if it's reported.
She should've done that right away in the first place.