Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hayden Panettiere is suddenly eight-months pregnant.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh... remember when cucumbers were symbolically associated with a certain part of the male anatomy? Then it was bananas? Apparently now, it's eggplants... I do not wanna know how that got into the picture...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently CiCi's Pizza went out of business, and after they just started to finally make improvements... I guess their buffet did so poorly for so long it was too late to try and save it.

Oh well; Papa John's new Philly Cheese Steak pizza is da bomb!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doug Walker has nightmares the nights before he's going to do a big shoot... interestingly, the same thing happens to me often too, I thought I was the only one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did I kill this thread or something?

Anyway, apparently Lindsey Stirling fans are Stirlingites. Not sure if it flows well, but I guess Lohan's already got a jump on a Lindsey-related name, assuming she even still has fans.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I always thought Prince's song "1999" was from 1984, hearing that it has the similar synthesizer/new wave vibe like in other songs from that year ("When Doves Cry", "I Would Die for U"). But last night, I learned that it was actually from 1982, and not 1984.

*NBC chimes*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm surprised that I didn't know until last night that Jim actually had a novelty record in 1960.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really should browse through Muppet Wiki more often.

I knew from reading Brian Jay Jones's book that Jim's pitch for MOKI was passed on, including one potential director who told Bernie Brillstein that he recognized Jim's visual mind, but the story scared the bejeezus out of him... but I didn't know, until looking at Muppet Wiki, that said director was Howard Morris, a.k.a. Ernest T. Bass from THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, and the voice of Flem from COW AND CHICKEN.