Leave Frank alone

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The recent illness of Frank Oz has brought up a few qustions . like is he still with the muppets? why was he not in the last muppets movie for tv.? and is he just pushing the muppets to the side and going to bigger and better things? I think it is safe to say NO !!!!!!!!! If it was true then why would he be answering mail frome there web site. Frank got his big start from the muppets and the same for the muppets like fozzie and ms. piggy . Jim could not have done it without him . i say we give him more room to do things other than muppets . The Jim henson Comony is doing more then just muppets and no one semmes to mad about that . so give poor Frank a break he is doing the best he knows how . im sure that after the lose of his boss partner and good friend Jim Henson he was wondering if he would evn be with the muppets at all . so give him some room is all im saing he is still doing a great job for the muppets and other projects to. :mad: :embarrassed: :attitude: :halo: :frown:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd just like to add something to that...

If Jim had felt betrayed by Frank's doing other projects, don't you think he would have mentioned it to him? I'm sure if Jim had felt that way, Frank would have gladly (well, maybe not gladly, but he would have realized why Jim felt that way) given it up for his friend. And the Henson Company doesn't seem to feel betrayed. Neither should we. Jim was a suporter of people following what they loved to do. From anything I've heard, Frank loves to direct movies (he loves the Muppets, too, I'm sure, but that ain't the point...) just as Jim loved to direct movies.

Frank is also still doing plenty of Sesame Street, and I'm sure he will be popping in with the Classic Muppets from time to time. Secret Squirrel has said that he's quite active in the Jim Henson Foundation.

Also, that other thread was posted a long tiem ago. It was merely a question of concern. Nothing really to get upset about. And some people's opinions differ, of course. We just need to learn to deal with it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple things to keep in mind. Frank started working with the Muppets around 1962. That was 40 years ago! Frank is still involved with the Muppets in more ways than people realize. Jim and Frank were also best friends. When you loose a close friend, someone you love, part of that healing is to sometimes move on because the pain of missing your friend is so great. I have no problems with Frank's directorial career. Jim supported Frank to begin directing other movies in the mid-eighties. If Jim supported it, why can't we? To me it is a natural extension of all the other things he has done over the years. Everyone has a right to do what makes them happy if they are able.

Here's some more info on Frank that you may find helpful...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/muppets.shtml#8

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Jim and Frank were also best friends. When you loose a close friend, someone you love, part of that healing is to sometimes move on because the pain of missing your friend is so great.
I was actually thinking of noting that. I just didn't know if it would have been an appropriate speculation or not. Oh, well. You said it much better than I ever could have.

anyway, I'm actually shocked that more people don't note all of Frank's recent (well, not recent, but more recent) behind the scenes work. He was Executive Producer on both Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppets From Space. Wasn't he also Executive Producer for Elmo in Grouchland? Anyway, I'm also quite fond of his directorial work, and totally support it. He still does the occasional Muppet stuff, and, like you said, plenty of stuff we don't really take note of. Particuallrly the Sesame Street segments he was filming not too long ago that was announced.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
cool

ok this is good i thought more people were aginst frank then for him . i owe you all an apology. im sorry if i came on a little stong. it was just seeming that people were not being nice about it so please forgive me
. :smile: :sympathy: :mad:

scarecroe

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
i say we give him more room to do things other than muppets
I think he's going to continue doing what he wants anyway without our permission.

Thank goodness for that.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
When you loose ]
sorry but I have a question that's a tad muffin-y wouldn't it be lose in this occasion? I've seen several people use this spelling in this context lately, and I just became curious.

baack on topic now!

I think it's great that Frank is doing other things. Everyone has a few things they want to do, and luckily Frank has a chance to do both (and he does both well) and we are lucky that Eric does such a good job (didn't I read that Frank worked with Eric a lot to help him?)

trust me, we love Frank here!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
your right

your right erick does a great job as fozzie and piggy. and you all have talked alot about it befor. but could i change this a little if i could and talk about the person that does Rowlf or Dr. Theeth who is he and where did he come frome? i really cant find much on this person but hope he does more with thest two , becaues they are my favorits. he does a good job the little that he does and just a little more time and you might see Dr. Theeth Behind his keybord and singing what a thought. :sympathy: :big_grin:

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
I hesitate to post in this thread as I believe everybody's choices are their own. And it's a fine line between criticizing someone's creative choices and criticizing their life choices.

However. Sarah. "Didn't I read that Frank worked with Eric a lot to help him?"

You may have, but it's not really true. The simple explanation is that if Frank were available to coach someone else, he would use that time to tape appearances instead. I'm sure Eric and Frank have talked about the characters, but the performance Eric gives is the result of his own hours of patient effort.

secret squirrel