Legally Blonde - The Musical!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Yeah the musical will either be genius or...trash. I just hope it's genius cos I love the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Legally Blonde.... ugh! This is why I was angry Reese Witherspoon won the Oscar for Walk the Line. Someone in a movie that bad should be blacklisted. Not Walk the Line, of course, I mean, Legally Blonde. But you get the point.

Faylo

Reaction score
I liked Legally Blonde!
I'd expect Kristen Chenoweth to be a better Elle Woods though. I'll definitely get the soundtrack when it comes out!

Faylo

Reaction score
Well, I haven't heard the songs yet, so I wouldn't be able to rate it. :stick_out_tongue:

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Legally Blonde is a bad idea... and I'm sure it will end up closing within a year just like the Wedding Singer... it's time for Broadway to start coming up with original ideas again

Drtooth

Reaction score
WHile, once again, I'm no fan of musicals by any stretch, myself, why the shell do they even make these musicals based off of movies. I mean, Spamalot was good, Hairspray did well, I loved the Producers, even though I only saw the movie musical version. But they showed they have a reason for being made. Wasn't there a Muscial based off of the movie Big at one point?

But Legally Blonde? I mean, that's just wrong. It just shows we have nothing but junk culture now, not even pop culture. What's the difference? Well, Junk Culture is basically following odd fads blindly, and of course, being obsessed with celebrities to the point people actually care about TOMKAT. Heck, anyone who even says TOMKAT.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course, I don't want to judge before I see. But Legally Blond, while a nice movie, is an odd choice for the stage.

I do think the entertainment industry (and even the general public) is in denial; they try to convince themselves their current products are of the same quality as classics of the past.

There will eventually be a blacklash of course; but for now it's in a total rut.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Here's a good question....WHY? I could think of 100 other movies that would make good musicals before I smoke enough pot to consider that Legally Blond to be on Broadway.

Daniel