Legally Blonde - The Musical!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
What songs would they put? A "Bend & Snap" dance number?! LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Here's a good question....WHY? I could think of 100 other movies that would make good musicals before I smoke enough pot to consider that Legally Blond to be on Broadway.

Daniel
Exactly the point I was making. We have years and years of memorable, timeless films. We can't make a musical about any of them? I really wish Toxic Avengers the Music-Kill would go somewhere. I just heard about it from Lloyd Kaufman (the head of Troma) during a seminar he held earlier this year.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Exactly the point I was making. We have years and years of memorable, timeless films. We can't make a musical about any of them?
I don't know...part of me says we should be grateful they haven't tried!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree, though given the options between that and legally blonde, I'd rather the old films.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I know! Why can't we have a musical on... hmmm... oh! What about a musical on TITANIC or something interesting that actually everybody has watched before! :smile:

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Titantic was already a musical... It ran on broadway from '97-'99... though it wasn't based on the movie (obviously, considering it hit the Great White Way before the movie came out)

I stand by my comment earlier that Broadway needs to start producing more original shows with original scores... I'm looking forward to the arrival of Spring Awakening and Curtains (which will take place of the Wedding Singer). The Producers will also be closing soon, only to be replaced with another Mel Brooks movie turned musical, Young Frankenstein... hopefully this is all just a fad and will soon pass

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
EasyBeinGreen said:
Titantic was already a musical... It ran on broadway from '97-'99... though it wasn't based on the movie (obviously, considering it hit the Great White Way before the movie came out)
Oh. I just learned about TITANIC at school and it was a musical! Thanks anyway!

Drtooth

Reaction score
EasyBeinGreen said:
The Producers will also be closing soon, only to be replaced with another Mel Brooks movie turned musical, Young Frankenstein... hopefully this is all just a fad and will soon pass
Mmmhhh... well, The Producers was meant to be made into something for broadway. Young Frankenstien would be a bit foolish, but if Mel Brooks is behind it, I'd love to see it.

There is one other film I'd love to see become a movie, though. I heard Eric Idle and John DuPrez were working on another stage play, and I really hope it's Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. That film had the most musical numbers in a Python film, and there's one song in particular that's just BEGGING to be made for stage. Monty Python fans will know what it is, but I'm afraid I can't post even the title here.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
"Legally Blonde" will star Laura Bell Bundy as Elle Woods and Orfeh will play Paulette, Elle's "beautician" friend she meets while she is attending Harvard.