Legends of the Dark Crystal

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Wow. That would suck if thats the plan. That's almost 3 years in between comic books. That's atrocious. Seems completely odd and poorly planned, but hey . . .what can you do.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
The release schedule on this series is absolutely horrible, seriously. . .the worst release print I've ever encountered with any book or comic. Is this in the tank? Does anyone know when the next volume is coming. . .and good lord. . .when the 3rd one will possibly be released?
Ever heard of Battle Chasers?
Back to subject, looking back on it I generally liked the book, but my main problem with it was that it had too much dialog. Seriously, it was like reading some 1960's comic book at times. Plus, what ever happened to the supposed Mirrormask manga?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
As some of you have detected, there has been some delays with the release of Volume 2. It's been 17-months since Volume 1 was released, and the release of volume 2 has yet to be officially announced. It was originally planned to come out last fall, but it was delayed. So when is it coming? I don't have a specific date for you, but it is coming.

Henson responded to a fan's question about the status of volume 2 on their twitter account earlier today saying:
"Changes in the economy altered the scheduled release date. Rest assured Vol 2 will be released & the storyline will be completed."
I personally know that TokyoPop was hit somewhat hard by the economic downturn - there was some downsizing/restructuring at the company recently. TokyoPop says that these changes should not affect the quality of their products in any way, but it will affect the timing of some releases as they adjust the company's output.

Legends of the Dark Crystal will continue... however the second part is taking a bit longer than originally planned to get here. Patience!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Would this also affect/delay the release of Return to Labyrinth Volume 3, scheduled for this Friday?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
This Friday? Amazon says May 12 .... for RTL.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard Friday May 1 on MuppetCast 107's News segment. Oh well... We've waited this long, we can wait a little longer.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Would this also affect/delay the release of Return to Labyrinth Volume 3, scheduled for this Friday?
Well, it did affect the the release -- and that's why it is coming on on May 1st rather than back in November as was originally planned and announced.